Electronic / IDM / Ambient / Drone listening club

This sounds ace. I’ll probably give a listen tomorrow or friday

Crikey, A Conception of Memory is dark.

Impressions based on the opening 3 tracks are that this isn’t my favourite kind of ambience, but there’s some shimmering happening 2:30 into the third track which might pull me on board.

Sorry to hijack this week’s selection discussion, but felt this was better here as it’s more IDM/Dark Techno.

And apologies if it’s already been discussed at length…

But I had to come on to ask if anyone else had been entirely blown away by ASC’s Astral Projection from earlier in the year? Christ on a bike, it’s incredible…

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the triple coloured marble, vinyl, but I’m not sure I will as I never listen to vinyl in headphones and this is pretty much a headphones-only record for me, so far.

Wow

Ben

Not the place for this but I agree. Fantastic album.

started listening to this now

yeeeeesss

Quite mad reading up on his career. Not many drone musicians also have roles in Broadway musicals

OMIGOSH LOVEKIN

I will now make it my life’s work to write Drone: The Musical.

Guys and DdddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOooooooooooooaoaaaaaaaaauauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssshhhhwwwshhhhwsssshhhwwssshhhhheeeeewwwowooooOOOOOooooooeeerrrrrrr

[scene - a street at night. Two windows opposite each other are illuminated. In one window we see a drone musician fircely committed to analogue record guitar based drones onto reel to reel tapes as s/he fumes about modern production techniques “killing drone”.

In the opposite window another drone artist sits up straight at their macbook, creating screeching dronescapes entirely on a DAW.

They both look out of the window at the same moment and catch the other’s eye]

Song 1 - Drone in the Night (can you hear the sine wave of my heart?)

The rest writes itself. You are welcome.

Int: a hallway in a house. A small child is sat crying on the stairs. A woman approaches.

Woman: Why Susie, whatever is the matter?
Suzie (between sobs): I feel sad.
Woman: Y’know what I like to do when I feel sad? I like to play a song.
Suzie: A song?
Woman: That’s right. Would you like to hear it?
[Suzie nods while wiping her eyes]
Woman: Well, it goes a little something like this…
[The woman stares into the middle distance while 18 minutes of barely audible atonal noise plays.]

Potential cast of characters includes:

Paul Stretch
Captain A. Tonal
Dr. One

This should really be in the great things on social media thread but only us cool kids will properly appreciate it.

They’ve done us all there.

Take
My
Money

Great magazine. We should all be reading it. It’s printed on paper and everything.