Elon Musk

Never heard of Mastodon before your post, seems like a cool idea

Have submitted my application - waiting to hear…

Just submitted mine. Wrote a few sentences about how the Red Hot Chili Peppers are the only band you need to listen to :crossed_fingers:

I’ve been approved!

4 Likes

So have I!

En route to bed now, but will have a bit of an explore in the morning. If it’s good then will start shouting it to any music contacts I have & encouraging them to do the same. If it is shite then will continue hunting…

Not really getting all the Mastodon push when Discord is right there

2 Likes

If you want to go out in style send a load of messages saying they should be k*lled

Think I’m going to stay and revel in the filth rather than jump ship to an alternative social network. It will be like Soho in NYC in the 70’s

6 Likes

Apples and oranges IMO. Discord feels closer to a community forum than a microblogging site. Mastdon doesn’t look like a great replacement for Twitter, but it feels like the closest that’s around.

2 Likes

Tbh I reckon people’s experience of Twitter would be much improved if they followed fewer people. I follow about 150 accounts and it’s pretty useful (but sucks to much of my time up obv)

10 Likes

WS in a few months - “Someday a real rain will come… and wash all this scum off the tweets”

4 Likes

Incredible scenes

16 Likes

EPn8RgFW4AAF2vV

6 Likes

I’m beginning to suspect this Elon Musk might be a silly sausage

12 Likes
4 Likes

Out of interest, do people think this is credible stuff or are we just enjoying the circus mostly?

Feels like it’s just very easy to “I have 102 votes but decided not to run” about this. Obviously I want it all to be true but it seems too much…

Seems likely to me. There’s no way a business of Twitter’s scale can sack half its workforce after less than a week of planning and not get rid of a bunch of people who were vital to their business.

1 Like

I guess I wasn’t even sure the sackings happened like they said given I thought it was breaking laws, but I guess it’s been verified.

1 Like

I guess I’ve taken for granted it’s all true given he’s got a history of brutally cutting whole swathes of his staff at some of his other companies and ended up on the wrong side of lawsuits as a result. It’s not like any of its out of character for him and the reports are coming from usually credible sources on this stuff.

1 Like
11 Likes