Elon Musk ❎

But the divers and the Thai navy have got it in hand and Musk is muscling in for a bit of action himself without actually asking the rescuers what they need. He’s come along and brought a machine he’s developed that is useless for their purposes and gone inside the cave for a jolly when oxygen levels are already lower than ideal because of the number of people in there.

13 Likes

Might get this tattooed on to me

4 Likes

Agree. It’s totally…

32 Likes

Think I’m less cynical that the typical disser but I can’t begrudge someone who’s trying to help, regardless of motives.

Someone called him a narcissist on twitter for getting involved and he replied that he may well be, but at least he’ll be a useful one. Can’t argue with that.

2 Likes

is he?

How useful has he been? He’s been a distraction and his ‘invention’ is useless.

I think his intentions were noble when they thought it might be a 3-4 month wait whilst they teach the boys how to scuba dive. The fact that 8 out of 12 are out using the method the Thai navy seals concocted and he’s still rocked up with his submarine experiment just gives the impression that he either hasn’t followed the news for the past couple of days, or that he just doesn’t want his labours to go unnoticed

10 Likes

He’s said that it might be useful for similar situations in the future :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

More useful than the people sitting around criticising him

1 Like

Sending positive vibes > Mini submarine tested in an LA swimming pool

9th lad out.

there is absolutely no indication that Elon Musk had any comms with the rescue teams and then when he turned up with his tube thing they very quickly told him it wasn’t practical. All of his information from his tweets/news reports suggest he was talking to Thai cave experts and getting second/third hand information.

Hopefully everyone’s just completely ignored him.

3 Likes

I really doubt he’d be allowed into the cave if he was ‘getting in the way’.

Anyway, this is all nonsense really and I’m not going to carry on the discussion.

Great news that the 10th child is out now. fingers crossed for the remaining 2 kids and the coach.

1 Like

And this is better, somehow?

that he wasn’t just phoning up and trying to use the time of the actual rescue teams etc. Perhaps he did and they told him to stop calling, idk.

Don’t really buy into the idea that the rescue team have found Elon Musk to be a significant distraction or hindrance to their work.

1 Like

Of course he would be a distraction! Come on.
They’ve got their method down and then rocks up some dude with a shitty thing being like BUT GUYS LOOK WHAT I MADE

What is he hoping to gain from going there if not for them to use his submarine thing? If it’s such a great idea for future rescues, fine…but now ain’t the time Musk they’re busy ffs

6 Likes

we’re hating on musk in the musk thread now.

let’s leave this thread pure for cheering the rescue of the boys.

4 Likes

Good call.

I read last night that the coach was in the worst state (health wise) because he’d refused to eat the small amount of food they had to share. Hopefully he’s been able to build up his strength and stamina to get out safely.

Yeah good idea, apologies for bringing the negativity into this thread

Can a @moderators move the musk posts to the musk thread?

1 Like