Elon Musk ❎

No one I’m just saying we may not consider him worth remembering at all.

I mean what are his achievements? Building an electric car (but not the first) and making the first private company to go to space well after many governments achieved the same thing.

I’m just saying his achievements are mostly so far potentially important but actually aren’t yet.

First person to have the balls to call the hero who rescued the Thai children a paedo

20 Likes

But he sent a car into space bro!

His goal is to be emperor of the earth, his achievement is that he looks like a second rate Bond villain.

The achievement we’re currently discussing is his dogged insistence that he knows better than cave divers how cave diving works, and then calling one a paedo for not kissing his arse. His goal was to use a five foot rigid submarine to navigate a cave that at its narrowest was about three feet.

Surprised he didn’t get more shit for sending a car into space to be honest, what an expensive waste of resources that was.

4 Likes

Have you ever actually read anything about the man, his backstory and his businesses?

And these are?

Everybody saying this lad is a “genius”, like if he was that smart he’d know cars are pretty much useless in space. No roads, think about it.

25 Likes

He had to put a payload in and I guess a car was effectively free for him and showy, whereas any payload with actual science use would have been a project of its own and risked being blown up.

I don’t mean showy in a negative way: this was a PR thing and do the car makes sense

elon musk: the official poll

• genius
  • bellend

0 voters

1 Like

Both, really.

I’ve said earlier in the thread. Read anything detailed about him and the views of many extremely capable people are that he is brilliant.

I’ve just googled “what’s so great about Elon Musk” and so far I just get a lot of stuff about what a good entrepreneur he is. Which is a different thing. What is his signature breakthrough idea?

2 Likes

So wide of the mark.

1 Like

Oh, sorry. I didn’t realise you were so well informed about his background and skill set.

reckon I’m easily as intelligent as Elon Musk.

How come he has loads of money but I don’t? :frowning:

3 Likes

You need to start calling everyone that doesn’t like your music pedos

7 Likes

Not really sure what relevance his background has to anything.

Obviously defining a word like genius can rapidly become an exercise in dancing on a pinhead, but personally I would expect a candidate to have on at least one occasion come up with an insight into the universe or the human condition that had never been expressed by anyone before. I realise that’s setting the bar quite high, but that’s where it sits for me.

Entrepreneurship has its merits, as well as pitfalls, but essentially relies on an ability to think the unthinkable (rather than the hard to think of), show exceptional levels of determination and commitment, and of course to get a bit lucky.

3 Likes

ah, haven’t found anybody yet :wink:

3 Likes

I mean, that’s a higher bar than I would set personally. Where does John Sessions sit on your scale?

I’m not going to lie. He’s not very high.

3 Likes