Elon Musk ❎

I don’t understand a single word of this sentence

6 Likes

musksnip

For no reason

1 Like

Going to try to say “oh, go engage in a sexual act with a mini-sub” to someone in real life by the end of the year.

2 Likes

Did the specifications not include that the sub should be fuckable then?

4 Likes

definite kinky thursday content

1 Like

What’s that now, Elon?

Sorry, a little louder?

36 Likes

still absolutely incredible that McMusky has been stupid / stubborn enough to let this go to court. is he banking on the jury being full of his own twitter stans?

The lad is fucking weapons grade. And I LOVE IT

7 Likes

His defence that it is a playground insult that he didn’t mean is undercut by him saying “I bet you a signed dollar that it is true” and by stating to a podcast host that he was a child rapist.

Yeah, even if he successfully persuaded anyone he was joking (and he clearly wasn’t), it’s still blatant defamation, at least under UK law.

1 Like

The case is being heard in Los Angeles.

That is why I made the proviso.

4 Likes

Interestingly it was ruled that the guy he is up against isnt a public figure. That means it’s more likely to get ruled against as the rules in the US are you have to show malice as well as it be untrue. That only applies if you yourself are a public figure.

The Musk-eteer lives to tweet another day!

2 Likes

Fucking hell, American laws are wild

How the fuck is repeatedly calling someone a paedophile not defamation?

11 Likes

The jury agreed with Musk’s lawyers that his offensive tweets should be viewed as merely insulting and not statements of fact. The jury also agreed with Musk’s lawyers that Unsworth was telling the court, “I’ve been horribly damaged. Pay me lots of money,” but then failed to prove he had been damaged at all.

You should also bear in mind that in the US the concept of “freedom of speech” prevailing over other concerns is much stronger than in the UK.

1 Like

because the other guy wasn’t rich

13 Likes

According to one of the jurors, a key consideration to dismiss the defamation claim was that “the people that read Musk’s tweet wouldn’t have known who he was talking about.”

1 Like

Defamation is notoriously difficult to prove in the US.

2 Likes