Emo revival thread for the new boards

if you ignore some of it then some of it is a really good line up.

2 Likes

The nephew sent me this. We went last year (his third gig) and he wants to go again.

I’m also taking him to Brighton to see Mom Jeans, as the London date had sold out.

I need to say no to some gigs, but I do actually enjoy it.

1 Like

Count your Lucky Stars having a pay what you want/free sale on bandcamp.

Stuff like Empire! Empire!, Joie de Vivre, Dowsing, Annabel, Hightide Hotel, Football etc, Mountains for Clouds, Cotopaxi are all good.

Weird mix of excellent stuff and utter dross. Tempting.

2 Likes

An ATD just managed to score us tickets to Miss The Stars fest in Berlin next year! Such a good line-up!

We Built The World And Miss The Stars Fest VI]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D

1 Like

La Dispute fit in here, don’t they?

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/2019-albums-hype/29947/58?u=captainricebox

2 Likes

Sport are breaking up but at least they’re playing Fluff Fest one last time.

Hey I saw Kaddish at the weekend there and they are still the best thx 4 yr time

2 Likes

OH YEAH

Kaddish are incredible.

1 Like

feelin pretty blessed

Don’t think I’ve seen them since 2013. Hope they cross the border soon!

2 Likes

I don’t know if they strictly fit under “emo revival” but I this year I have absolutely fallen in love with Spanish Love Songs and I don’t think I’ve seen them mentioned on here.

They’re an LA band who undeniably sound like the intersection of Greatest Generation-era Wonder Years and The Menzingers but the songs on their most recent album, Schmaltz are undeniable. They’re out on tour supportin Ducking Punches right now but I can see them rapidly outgrowing that status. Saw them on Saturday night and going to see them tomorrow too. Very special band.

2 Likes

Lord Snow should be party!

2 Likes

Lucky man. Last time i saw them was with Raein in Manc which feels like years ago. They were great obviously. Good to hear they still have it!

Never got into the second LP as much as the first though. Didn’t click with me.

1 Like

I am excited for basically all that line-up except cry wank

1 Like

Yea, its really solid. i also saw that name and did wonder…:roll_eyes:

Posted with ‘III’ so I assume new album coming

http://www.americanfootballmusic.com/signup

3 Likes

Amazing

5 Likes

Thank you. This is very much my shit. Very Menzingers, very Captain We’re Sinking, a bit of Sorority Noise. Good stiff.

1 Like