Emo revival thread for the new boards

Mate :heart:
What a band and what great shows!

1 Like

Saw I had notifications and immediately thought it might be you replying as the other person at the second gig :+1: I probably rambled in the pub afterwards about her haha

1 Like

I saw The Wonder Years play a headline set in an undersold 130-cap room last night. Shitty for them, amazing for me. And the new songs sounded SO much better than they do on the album. What a band. As my friend put it, “Soupy is one of the best rock anthem writers in the world, hamstrung by the fact that he’s in a ‘pop-punk’ band”

where the heck was that?

Amsterdam. They’d not played here in 7 years so their profile has slipped massively. The show was actually downgraded from the original room I think. But they still played like it was a sold-out arena, really special night. And soupy seemed to be actually happy and having fun…

1 Like

Sounds great. I only saw them for the first time last year, plus I like the latest album.

I see they’re playing with the Mayday Parade in the UK this month. Anyone know what they’re like and if it’s worth going just to see Wonder Years?

really cringeworthy pop-emo imo. and I say that as someone who is/was a fan of a lot of bands that could be described as “pop-emo”. But AFAIK touring the UK and Europe is rarely that profitable for TWY* so I’d go see them regardless, they were on TOP form last night.

*meaning merely that you never know how long it’s going to be until they come back

1 Like

https://holdingpatterns.bandcamp.com/track/dust-2

album up for preorder, who else is at the gig in a couple of weeks? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

i think i came across this on a spotify pop punk compilation list, via maybe @xylo or @plasticniki i really like it but…

i wouldn’t disagree with :grin:

1 Like

In case there are any other Spanish Love Songs fans, the London date seems to be selling pretty well:

http://www.spanishlovesongs.com/shows/

You gonna be there? I should be :smiley:

Absolutely we will!

1 Like

Yaaaaay

1 Like

This show will sell out, undoubtedly. Me and the TV are coming back from Amsterdam for this it. I’m SO excited. We should get new music this year too :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://iloveyourlifestyle.bandcamp.com/track/23

I Love Your Lifestyle (a lovely band) have a new track. I am excited because “We Go Way Back” was lovely stuff.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

click here for the Facebook post and do read the comments, they’re real heartwarming

4 Likes

Remember the DiS cult over this record? Good times.

I first listened to it as the plane took off for my first trip to Germany.

seeing them play with a crowd of about 20 DiSers is one of my favourite musical experiences

musically i preferred the gig the week before but as an event very few have matched that gig at the borderline

2 Likes

Someone posted this below Stereogum’s Clarity’s 20th anniversary retrospective. Fantastic stuff.

Can’t seem to get the link to start at the beginning.

Totally missed these guys returning last month.

Sainthood Reps (remember Derrick Sherman, yeah? his band that don’t sound a million miles from a band he used to be in a long time ago, that we don’t listen to any more):