Emo revival thread for the new boards

Brand new (fantastic) single/video from Spanish Love Songs. It appears they’ve signed to Pure Noise too, which is a label on which bands actually seem to be able to maintain some kind of living. This is excellent news indeed.

Second date’s been announced for their New Cross Inn show in May for anyone who missed out. I highly recommend you get down to it because I can see this band blowing the fuck up over the next year

FAO @Gnometorious @Chipsahoy @Avery

3 Likes

New free trow album is so so good. took a few listens for a couple of songs like. New American Football is alright, pretty generic and a way and easy to listen to.

Seeing Joyce Manor tomorrow and can’t wait.

1 Like

They’re playing with Pkew Pkew Pkew in Manchester in May. Never really listened to them both but for under £15 at one of my favourite venues…

I fucking love this band. Fist in the air, singing/screaming my heart out love this band.

2 Likes

Check out Schmaltz, the SLS album from last year. If you’re into anything like The Menzingers, Gaslight Anthem, The Wonder Years etc then you need it in your life

1 Like

will be at the same new cross inn gig as you

muchly excited

2 Likes

Me too.
Beware, I’m going to be rare and rowdy :fist:

1 Like

Bit heavier than a lot here but this Birds in Row album is a real grower. They’re so good. This has a good rolling around on the floor weeping style 2nd half…

4 Likes

same. I’ve had the single on repeat all weekend. My girlfriend (who also loves this band) has banned me from playing it until there’s an album or at least another song to go with it.

2 Likes

Quite right! I’m like this too, don’t want the singles to be so overplayed I can’t enjoy them in the context of the album cos I’m already bored of them.

Not quite “emo” but I caught Press Club at Groezrock this weekend and they were fucking amazing. Doing some UK dates this week, highly highly recommend you check them out if you can. Just really good songs but also a phenomenally good live band.

Spanish Loves Songs dude has Glandular Fever, so I’d guess upcoming gigs might be postponed. Paris already has been…

Finally! I haven’t listened yet but will putting this on as soon as i get to the office

3/5 of Crash of Rhinos (if you’re in this thread and don’t know them, listen to Big Sea and Gold On Red immediately)

3 Likes

Happily they cancelled 1 date and then just ploughed on with the tour, and sounded fucking GREAT in London. I bet he’s gonna pay for it though. Which is fine because then we’ll get an album like PUP’s The Dream Is Over.

1 Like

yeah, I mean when i had mono it lasted for weeks so I was pretty nervous at the news, but i know some people don’t even show symptoms, so hopefully he’s one of the more immune ones.

Yeah London was great. I bought the record off one of their mate’s a the merch stand and he suggested they sign it as one of the band were with him at the time, which then led me to really embarrassingly trudge round the room finding the others, problem being that I was far too dunk (had been on it all day and the night before, oops!) to hold down a conversation with them and I think I kept asking their mate the same question over and over and I hate myself so much. Great night!!

2 Likes

Was the mate Gregory? Belgian fella? He’s their euro TM, lovely dude. I’m sure he’s more than used to having hammered people rambling at him :grinning:

And yeah, when Dylan let RIP during the full band version of Aloha To No-One I was like, well either he’s recovered, or he’s fucked himself for the next 6 months…

1 Like

You know what? I think it very well could have been. He said he’d been away for 3 weeks with them, and Belgium being mentioned is ringing a bell. Poor Gregory :cringe: Hopefully I’ll get to meet them again, less drunk and be able to impress him by remembering his name :grin:

1 Like

or this:

(new Holding Patterns is great btw)

makes me laugh every time i look at the track listening and that’s track 2

RE Holding Patterns, currently on track 4 with 1 being an intro and 2 + 4 being tracks i’d already heard

track 3 was fucking great - that bit at the end with different vocal lines :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s the fella. We saw them in Antwerp last year and as far as I can tell they basically did the gig as a favour to Greg so they could drop him home at the end of the tour. GBOL.

There were about 10 people in the audience and the ‘bar’ was just cash & carry multipacks of canned lager. Punk AF.

3 Likes