Emo revival thread for the new boards

tickets on sale friday, who’s gonna go to the London date?

still can’t believe that we haven’t had a DiS crowd as big as the crowd for hotelier @ the borderline at one of their shows

Love this album from last year. 55 Deltic. Lovely slow core emo to enjoy a beer with at sunset.

I guess if you’re into Duster then you’d probably dig this.

Would probably go to Birmingham if I’m around for it. Save my London trip monies for Deafheaven/Touché Amoré the week after.

TA are going to be playing “…To The Beat of A Dead Horse” in full on this tour, so it’s high priority for me even though I don’t like Deafheaven.

1 Like

Today is a Yunahon Mixtape kinda day.

Anyone else a fan? Wish Oso Oso would release something new.

You’re in luck, new album out in August, first song here:

@NickDS @Avery @Gnometorious etc. anyone up for the london date? i’m defo going, tix on sale tomorrow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The new album by Fresh, Withdraw is fucking brilliant and I think it just about fits here. It’s basically what I was hoping the second Muncie Girls album would be, but even better.

1 Like

I think someone else on here has already mentioned it. But Holding Patterns album is one of my favourite albums of the year so far.

1 Like

Started listening to this…loved it but then got dragged away at work. Need to find time to sit with it again

1 Like

I am giving this a (digital) spin now. I didn’t think post-2004 emo was this good, any more recs?

the album before is even better, for one

1 Like

:smiley: here you go

Song 1: Mourn by itoldyouiwouldeatyou

Song 2: Beached Community by I Feel Fine

Album 1: Home, Like No Place Is There by The Hotelier

start here, as a first-song-on-the-album it’s about as good you can get (the entire album is as good as this tho)

Album 2: Swell by Tiny Moving Parts

start here (track 4, but again do listen to the entire album if you like it and then listen to the album before)

4 Likes

People from Football etc doing a post hardcore/kinda screamo thing, mastered by yer man Joe C from Plaids

Indian Summer influence on these…one of the best UK emo bands…

this is just a bangin’ split; all bands are great

new Gender Roles - album PRANG out August 30th :smiley:

1 Like

Came in to post this :smiley: It’s really good.

Coming out on sncl also - one of the best emo labels this country has seen

1 Like

didn’t know where to put this but on 1/2 Dec, Thursday are doing Full Collapse and War All The TIme in full in London

Get in!

Any idea where/when tickets are please?