Emo revival thread for the new boards

Republic of Wolves sound quite a bit like Brand New.

unfortunately, not a Fleetwood Mac cover. still good.

Microwave. I have been a fan for a while, the album before their latest was a “fun”, Weezer meets Deja knockaround. Their latest is an absolute monster. One of the best rock/emo/shouty/melodic records of the last few years.

1 Like

Another vote for Death Is A Warm Blanket by Microwave, it’s fantastic and will definitely fill the Brand New -shaped hole. The album is very varied for something that’s only about 30 mins long, a great mixture of post-hardcore, metalcore, acoustic, grunge, punk rock all smashed together.

2 Likes

The new Teenage Wrist album is absolutely fantastic. Two AOTY contenders in this and The Dirty Nil and we’re only halfway through February. Remarkable

1 Like

https://themillionmasksofgod.com/

New Manchester Orchestra on the way, maybe?

1 Like

Yeah 100%. The Black Mile concert film was interspersed with clips of them in the studio.

Recorded live in the building where they recorded the album itself, it is of course incredible:

Have come across these guys, thought someone might like on here. FFO Remember Sports, Sincere Engineer crossed with Dogleg

4 Likes

This is great!

Manchester Orchestra sounding exactly like Manchester Orchestra

Strong Shield Your Eyes vibe on this, proper tappy-mathy in places, drumming is all over the place and the bass tone is lovely.

2 Likes

Shield your Eyes were :fire: and that reminds me I have an old Push to Fire 7inch somewhere that bangs

3 Likes

They were SO fucking good. Saw them at Old Poo Blast with Adebisi Shank and Blakfish for fucking free and they ruled hard. The production/sound on that first Shield Your Eyes album is so weird but I love it. As in, it sounds really scrappy, raw and like they just left the tapes running and recorded everything that they laid down. Drummer is in Big Lad now.

1 Like

[Spotify]

Not sure if this is the right thread for them but I came across Orson Wilds recently - only got two songs out just now but they’re both ridiculously good. Produced by yer man Will Yip so you know it’s the good stuff.

Dunno really if this is the right thread. But this album is very good.

1 Like

New album out next week too. (Also it s the title fight bassist - very fond of floral green)

1 Like

I know I’m late to the party and they’ve been mentioned but its been a while since I have been some immediately taken by a song

2 Likes
2 Likes