Emo revival thread for the new boards

Yeah, also enjoying Tiny Moving Parts. Remind me a bit of Captain We’re Sinking.

New Pet Symmetry album out today.

Their first was really good, it’s only recently I realised it’s Evan Weiss and Erik from Dowsing which makes it even better.

2 Likes

As it’s official summer now he’s one of my favourites from last year.

saw Pinegrove last night. really really average band.

Here, I just put this on. What a record!

Love em!

1 Like

The album from last year wasn’t bad but I now find myself only really listening to the last song - which is pretty great. Very interested in the new one, as Evan is so prolific and has so many side projects I thought it might be a one off

This is really good, cheers! :smiley:

1 Like

wrongest thing I’ve read on here

:heart:

1 Like

Just listening to this, prefer it to Into It. Over It. for sure. Good stuff.

1 Like

Might be some good stuff here.

http://www.spin.com/featured/best-emo-revival-albums-ranked/

1 Like

Algernon <3

Had a bit of a chat yesterday about whether Joyce Manor really count as emo. Not convinced.

TWIBP aren’t very good.

3 Likes

This made me go and put Holy Ghost on again for the first time in a while. Holy shit what an album!

1 Like

You’d think but mm.

Floral Green though :heart:

Had a chat with my husband about this. I’ve listened to emo since I was an angsty teenager but he’s only just discovering it’s not all Hawthorne Heights fringey bullshit after listening to the Hotelier and now he’s massively into Joyce Manor. I’d say JM could be classed as emo but he’s not convinced and thinks they’re more like early Weezer.

Quite enjoying introducing a dyed-in-the-wool indie bedwetter to pop punk, hardcore and emo at the age of 29 tbh

5 Likes

Good list with some stuff I’m going to check out. They’ve gone to the effort of setting out very strict criteria but then included stuff I would definitely categorise as NOT EMO though. Especially if Wonder Years don’t make the cut.

1 Like

I agree with the commenter saying that On The Impossible Past by The Menzingers should be on this list

Anyone in this thread that hasn’t listened to it… listen to the first track, if you don’t like (it’s 2 1/2 minutes long) then don’t worry about the rest of it. If you like it (and you will) then let the second track play (they flow into each other… it has vocal harmonies :heart_eyes: ). You might think after track 2 that the rest of the album can’t match it but… after you’ve listened to the entire thing a few times you’ll agree with me that every tune is a banger

Bonus recommendation is The Light Under Closed Doors by The Swellers

@plasticniki pretty sure i’ve tried to get you into both of these albums before but maybe i told you when we were drunk

4 Likes

I like this. Why on earth in the past have I seen the Menzingers name and assumed they were a Mumford & Sons clone?

ha!