End of Feb/all of March UK politics thread

Hi guys,

this is because of the current meta meltdown going on in the other thread. Pretty sure it’s easy enough to agree that that thread is lost (for decent reasons).

So let’s start here. @LilWoodyToodelly posted up this doc which is really, really worth your time to see the current state of play:

http://classonline.org.uk/docs/Labour_Market_Realities_240219_2345.pdf

Let’s get cracking. Chuka already making himself look like a child:

NOTE: I’m going to ask mods to purge any non politics chat from this thread, just in case.

5 Likes

please tell our SA friends @Tesseraction @Rarity etc

3 Likes

I remember listened to them chapo house people once is that politics? Seemed like the most insufferable pricks just everything was drenched in irony and sarcasm

yeah no problem I just haven’t had an opportunity to tell people I didn’t like that podcast yet so here we are :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I thought Xylo said no talking about the football thread?

4 Likes

Soubry now having a moan that the “verbal assurances” she received that the no deal economic assessment papers would be published in exchange for her withdrawing her amendment to force the government to do so have - and I hope you’re sitting down for this - not been honoured.

OF COURSE THEY HAVEN’T, YOU FUCKING NUMPTY. WHY WOULD YOU TRUST THE TORIES ON THAT. YOU USED TO BE/STILL ARE ONE.

11 Likes

This is most podcasts in general tbh

she didn’t/doesn’t trust them I wouldn’t assume that anything she says is genuine

not true! Some of them are just boring

2 Likes

So completely none narcissistic and completely stable centrist god tony blair thinks his Scottish devolution was great and the independence movement would’ve won by now if it wasnt for him

2 Likes

Big Tone in unwarranted ego shocker

3 Likes

where is he being wheeled out?

Not seen Tony Blair or any mention of him outside of DiS for many years

which news? I only watch C4 because I forced my mum not to watch BBC anymore

Holyrood magazine

3 or 4 years surely. Lots of Brexit and Corbyn stuff

1 Like

Anyone else irked by people referring to the European Research Group as “the ERG group”. Been happening a lot on Radio 4 the past couple of weeks, the only thing that annoys me more than Brexit is a tautology

2 Likes

The European ERG

4 Likes

The ERG Research Group

1 Like

TIG: Politics is broken, and the political parties are decadent and exhausted leftovers from the 20th century. But in concert with our friends in business, we will rise above the corrupt politicians and failed experiments in democracy to achieve national unity.

Media: keep going im nearly there

Corbyn: We should try to ensure people have a decent life and nobody goes hungry.

Media: officer arrest this dangerous populist

2 Likes

If I thought they were doing it on purpose I’d be into it.