End of Feb/all of March UK politics thread

Aphex Twin and getting narky with Devon

4 Likes

Or the area of Kent you now reside in :+1:

think one of the most important moments of my life was sitting down for my first ‘introduction to Islam’ lecture in my first week at uni, and the lecturer (gbol) going off on one about nationalism and how bullshit it was. at one point he said (paraphrasing) that although he supported the netherlands in the football, spoke dutch, loved loads of the inconsequential but important-to-him customs there, like cycling and the food, he would never ‘defend himself’ as dutch, and if you really need to define me by the place I happened to be born in, ‘call me european’.

Couldn’t put my finger on what was wrong with it, but that’s it! Spent ages thinking it sounds like somebody doing a not right fake accent, but surely that couldn’t be what was going on.

I got probated on SA for going into the landlord thread and arguing about the ethical backbone of the broken rental system :joy:

2 Likes

only recently realised there’s a harsh divide between leftists and libs on there, found the good venezuela thread (it is happeneing again…) and was proper confused cos the day before I’d been reading the bad, normie venezuela thread where all the libs in there are calling for maduro’s balls and saying they should send in the KFC 82nd airborn to liberate the country.

1 Like

Whole group of you! The Red Menace is real!

Seeing as I ate a probo anyway I kinda regret not going full on ‘death to landlords’ now

biggest swindle of all time was when millions of people thought a bunch of middle aged/elderly white, eton/harrow/oxbridge educated men were their representatives lol.

3 Likes

D&D has some truly toxic people.

1 Like

It was a bit weird, since you were actually discussing the problem. Maybe it’s because you’re a filthy foreign, talking down the almighty US and our one, true, religion: Hyper-capitalism.

I feel safe in saying that landlords have fragile egos that can’t cope with the slightest questioning of their level of morality

4 Likes

There was a good landlord story, as in, a good landlord, in BYOB but, significantly, not in the US.

When was this? All the time?

deselect these wretched people ffs. kick them out. put the boot in.

https://twitter.com/stellacreasy/status/1111778295425703937?s=19

This is glorious

3 Likes

can someone start a whip round for me so I can afford just some of the hallucinogenics these people are guzzling? insane.

7 Likes

Laying to one side all we might think of Dominic Grieve for a moment…

this is quite a watershed moment isn’t it? I mean, will it not set a precedent for former UKIPers joining the Tories and tearing them down from the inside for not being card carrying Brexiteers?

very dangerous stuff indeed - the Trumpification of the Conservatives, given the likelihood of Boris, Raab, Fox etc at the helm in the coming weeks/months/years is surely something none of us here want to see

2 Likes

5 Likes