End of the Road 2019

Don’t see why they couldn’t. Battles as a Big Top headliner would be lovely.

Don’t.

(Garden stage though innit)

Not fussed at all about those Green Man headliners, which I hope bodes well for EOTR!

Of the Green Man undercard, I would love to nab The Comet Is Coming, Sons of Kemet, A Certain Ratio and The Mauskovic Dance Band.

Don’t know why there’s a rivalry between the two :smiley:

Fwiw, I generally slightly prefer the line ups at EOTR, but since it’s likely to be fucking freezing by then, I’d rather take the chances on Greenman. Otherwise the festivals look basically the same no? Guardian dads, third wave coffee, craft beers, ethnic foods and some pleasant green fields.

2 Likes

Exactly. I will always go to EOTR (and it certainly wasn’t freezing last year!), but that would never put me off going to Green Man if I had the money to do both.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had much worse weather overall at Green Man(/Arcangent) than EOTR.

They are pretty much the same festival, but EOTR always has slightly noiser/rocky stuff that seals the deal for me. I’d probably go to both if one was at the start of the festival season though and the Arctangent/EOTR double whammy has become tradition now.

I like Green Man more, but seems weird there’d be a rivalry. If you like one, you’ll like the other, it’s more of the thing you like.

Not sure a rivalry really exists, but they are very similar line ups and targeting the same people, so its an easy comparison. EotR are always well ahead of Green Man though in terms of bookings away from the wafty spine that both festivals are built on. Often think EotR were conscious of the demise of ATP, so decided to pick up some of those acts and dot them around to make the festival have much better breadth than Green Man, albeit they tend to then nick those ideas for future events.

That and the fact that their proximity in the festival season/location in pretty difficult, far away places for a lot of people mean you’re unlikely to be able to get to both. Think it’s all good-natured, a lot of people seem to alternate different years, but there’s a natural comparison point.

1 Like

You get Peacocks at EOTR. Noisy bastards but nice to look at.

2 Likes

The two baby peacocks and mummy last year casually strolling around the garden stage <3

3 Likes

First lineup clue

https://twitter.com/EOTR/status/1090571816647696384

Probably Metronomy? Letters look correct, holiday a reference to English Riviera?

2 Likes

Urghh

Metronomy headlining would be incredibly disappointing. Maybe Thursday night would be ok?

Yeah, I don’t think I can see them headlining. Seen them a couple of times before, once thought they were really good, and once really dull. Would be disappointed if they are a headliner, but somewhere lower down the bill would be ok.

I rate them as solid festival filler to watch while you have a toilet break and get in the pints before another band

3 Likes

Yep. Pretty accurate. Low and Courtney Barnett seem to be the other clues. Imagine Barnett will headline. Low on garden stage?

Courtney Barnett’s doing All Points East so I’d be surprised if she’s headlining this. Probably about the right size for it though.

Yeah, see was headlining Brixton Academy on her last solo tour, which is about EOTR headliner size

St Vincent played APE last year and headlined EOTR.

Edit. Guess you probably mean more can’t see her making two trips over from Australia. But the clue EOTR have put out is almost certainly her.