End Of The Road Festival 2021

If you are judging it purely on the top line acts, then I think it’s fair to say that all four conjured up a bit of a collective “meh”, as good as Spiritualized and Michael Kiwanuka were. But the overall line-up was stacked and interesting, as it always is, tbf.

I think The Murder Capital is a decent shout for this, on a bigger stage of course. I’d be happy with them or Big Thief, though undeniably the latter is the bigger draw.

@Tuna Yeah…dont get me wrong I had a good time but none of the headliners really did it for me. The undercard was also a bit underwhelming, especially after how strong 2018 was (which I missed :pensive:)

Never been to eotr, always been a green man sort, but if big thief bright eyes and Phoebe bridgers all play I’m gonna have to go

5 Likes

End of The Road (to joy)

2 Likes

Certainly a better shout than “Fun Loving Criminals” as someone on Facebook suggested. You have to wonder about some people.

4 Likes

I’d probably see Big Thief, but not too fussed about the others. Hopefully we will get some decent Garden headliners again as I saw all three last year.

Fair, I’m not actually a big Bright Eyes fan, but one of things I enjoy about EOTR the most is it forces me to explore bands I’ve skimmed over before…and by the time September comes I’ve got a packed clash finder to get through

Think if the clue was for Murder Capital it would have been somewhere in Mexico or Venezuela.

1 Like

They don’t like to make it too obvious though…

Looking at the Bright Eyes thread…third headliner might be Pixies then. That’s another big scoop…not one I’d be that excited about though, am I wrong?

Fair enough. My judgement on these things tends to be stage headliners in parallel tbh, so as long as there’s ‘a’ headliner it’s cool - hadn’t even considered how small the Woods headliners were given how over the moon I was with all 3 on the Garden.

2 Likes

They’re busying playing the Stourbridge Big Weekend

Depends. Whilst they’re definitely past their best, a festival set of fun Pixies bangers will go down very nicely.

2 Likes

Could be wrong but I don’t think they’d book Bright Eyes AND Pixies (two male fronted ‘heritage’ acts?). I think Pixies are now more likely for Green Man. My money is on Big Thief and Angel Olson.

1 Like

Yeah I reckon I might go if Bright Eyes and BOCC and maybe little a Phoebe Bridgers set, as a treat, are all on the cards.

1 Like

Which would be incredible

@Tuna Garden stage headliners were great last year, bar Jarvis. I understand what you mean, it’s definitely a festival that doesn’t need strong headliners for it to be a good year…but when they do get Big names it adds a little extra (using the Sufjan year as an example)

@Konichiwa_Bitches PB will likely have an album out this year…so I think she’d be quite far up the bill. I think BOCC is more likely to be secret/smaller

1 Like

Would seem a bit daft to have Feebs onsite for a set and not play herself, no? I mean, I’ll probably catch her on tour and I’ve seen her before so actually BOCC would be the main attraction for me anyway.

1 Like

Listening to Bright Eyes for the first time ever, always wrote them off as college emo for some reason. Digital Ash In A Digital Urn is good isn’t it? Quite excited for tmrw’s announcement.

3 Likes

Reckon she’ll tour with Bright Eyes and then join em for a few songs and fests will have her as a seperate act too of course

3 Likes

So the ‘source’ that someone spoke of predicted Bright Eyes. How certain were they of the 3 headliners because if that does pull through it’s going to be one hell of a yearm

2 Likes