End of year round robin letter things

I wonder if this is someone I know… She doesn’t share her surname with a famous British painter / rank in the police force does she?

John Singer Commander?

We used to get one from my mums friend. The kind of family that skis. We don’t get them anymore though.

I love the one that my parents get from a long-time family friend that is usually filled with tales of disaster. There’s usually at least one broken leg, horrible illness, death of a pet etc that leads to a cancelled holiday, house move, or wedding etc. In person the writer is a very jolly individual with a great roaring laugh that she’s quick to use so I can just imagine her re-telling these tales aloud and it makes me smile thinking about it.

Quite a few of the other people have the usual tropes discussed above, most of them talk about their faith too. Maybe its a believer thing to do, a round robin?

1 Like

No…that would be spooky though huh!

Basically the middle-aged middle-class version of social media humblebragging. Except it’s worse because it’s a years worth of bullshit and no pictures showing that even though Steve and Mary now live in Miami, he’s lost more of his hair than I have.

I’m sorry m60 but there’s no way I’m reading all that

Poshos showing off, ie brilliant

2 Likes

Please find a copy. Do it for us, meo

1 Like