ENG vs SA Test series - all hail President Root 🦗

Two great catches by England; Bairstow and Ali. What a player Bairstow has become for England.

1 Like

SA falling apart like a clown’s car.

1 Like

Fucks sake, emojis have turned the bat into an actual insect now.

3 Likes

All hail President Root and the insect overlords.

1 Like

Looking forward to some insect chat in here:

This is now the insect life cycle thread.

2 Likes

Pupa at number 3 in the order? He shouldn’t be batting that high imhumbleo.

3 Likes

3 seems like an obvious spot for Brian Larva.

10 Likes

Bloody love Trent Bridge. England unchanged then which is fine I guess, Dawson looked much better than we anticipated.

Faf wins the toss and chooses to bat. Jimmy’s always got a lot of swing under the clouds in Notts.

Swinging like an absolute good’un here :grinning:

I’m not so sure, but we’ll see. That 4th day lords pitch was close to unplayable. He did put it in a reasonable area alright enough though. We shall see. I’m very sceptical.

1 Like

(he’s certainly done enough to warrant a full run in the team for this series though, possibly the Windies too)

Yeah I can understand why the team’s unchanged tbh.

great snaffle just then tbf!

1 Like

I’ve always thought of Dawson as a batting all-rounder rather than a front-line spin option who happens to be able to bat a bit. And even as a Hampshire fan-boy he’s never struck me as anywhere near a likely test match player.

He’s a good option in limited overs - economical with the ball, scores at a good rate with the bat and is excellent in the field.

But, I hope he does well, and I hope Jennings & Ballance can somehow find a way to begin nailing down those troublesome spots in the top 3.

1 Like

Sounds a bit like how I felt about Woakes 4 years ago, although more bowling all-rounder with him, and tbf I’ve been proven wrong about that. Mostly because he actually managed to add an extra 5-10 MPH to his standard ball, which I was very surprised by, and maintain accuracy.

1 Like

#UTI

2 Likes

such a tiny edge and also almost had that hand off the bat too.