ENG vs SA Test series - all hail President Root 🦗

The cricinfo commentary is describing the current field as “Fucky”

1 Like

Disgusting…

naughty

1 Like

Good stuff - I bet you loved typing it out.

For an internetter that I’ve never met, you know me too well.

Is Moeen is a frontline spinner now? Hark at him putting teams to the sword on day 4.

Mo and Stokes <3

Very narrowly missed out on run rate.

Yay!

Clusters of falling wickets.

Just reading up a bit on the history of the County Championship, etc. Never knew Yorkshire had been so absolutely dominant. Obviously they’re the biggest county in terms of area, but were there other reasons for it?

Also, what’s the story behind Lancs’ title in 2011. Strikes me as a bit of an amomaly. Their only title since 1950, and i think it was bookended by relegations. Think i’m right in saying they’ve still got the biggest membership of any county, which in itself is pretty remarkable given the lack of modern success and football being such a majority sport in its big cities.

1 Like

I vaguely remember this actually.

Is that why they moved to Liverpool and Blackpool, or have they always played some home games away from OT?

Most, if not all counties play matches away from their main ground. Middlesex play at Radlett, Southgate, Uxbridge and Richmond amongst others, Yorkshire always play at at Scarborough for a week, Surrey at Guildford etc…

2011 was the season that Old Trafford had the orientation of its pitch changed, so Lancashire played most (maybe all?) their home matches at other grounds that year.

Rings a bell. Remember them hanging black sheeting up initially before the boards went up. Looks like a bit of a mess now the Old Trafford pavilion. Actually quite like some of the developments. The Points either side of the pavilion look quite smart, but the pavilion’s been overly modernised for me.