ENG vs SA Test series - all hail President Root šŸ¦—

Reminds me of that innings where Harmison got 49* against South Africa that time.

1 Like

Someone upthread saying test cricket was rubbishā€¦
tch.

Tsk! Manā€™s a fool.

1 Like

Itā€™s kinda reminding me of Eng-NZ from Lordā€™s 4 years ago, when you had a bit of a collapse and then Broad smacked 26 on a difficult pitch (and then bowled NZ out for 68). Would quite enjoy seeing SA get similar treatment.

4 Likes

1 Like

Sweet Prince <3

I really hope Ballance gets a score in the 2nd innings - heā€™s been in blistering form this season on the county circuit. He just needs to pretend heā€™s facing Somerset, not South Africaā€¦

He should just go full Boycott. Heā€™s wonderfully frustrating to bowlers at his attritional best and that anchoring nature is something the rest of the team really lacks.

Garth Elgar is out.

That stat about Moeen is pretty good, worra player.

Another 54 wickets and heā€™ll be the third highest wicket taker amongst spinners for England.

Just heard Bavuma referred to as Tiny Temba and Iā€™m chuckling quite a lot.

1 Like

:grinning: thatā€™s very good.

Swan, laker and underwood must all be well above that, no?

Fair bitā€¦

Broadā€™s figures, 2-10 from 8.2 - decent.

1 Like

And monty! @The_Excession turning the thread into a house of lies

1 Like

Hmmm. The list I saw doesnā€™t include Underwoos, or Monty for some reason. I retract my claim until further investigation.

Yes, Underwoos.

2 Likes

It was a list of off-spinners, it turns out. Whatever, the point is for a supposed part-timer, heā€™s doing pretty well.

Bye everyone!

Moeen seems to be unfairly maligned in some quarters. Heā€™s a really effective all rounder, doubly so for NOT being a medium pacer. Heā€™s massively taken the pressure of Rashid in others in having to demonstrate their competence as spinners. Yes, heā€™s a bit flakey with the bat sometimes, but weā€™d miss him if he was injuredā€¦

1 Like