Engineering and Science thread of stuff

This is a 30 minute video by an affable-seeming American who actually uses SI units, explaining how to make a very efficient air conditioning unit

Please fill this thread with SCIENCE and the like. Moon landing geekery welcome.

1 Like

Quite a find she has there.

So wait, after the flood there are only 2 of each animal left so God says, “Aw fuck it, you may as well eat them, guys.”

3 Likes

I would consider that TBH but I think at the end my daughter would be unimpressed.

Also
5 Minute Craft
Takes 2 days.

hqdefault

6 Likes

2 Likes

I love this photo. Includes all nine physicists responsible for quantum physics, Olivia Newton-John’s grandfather and the guy who inspired Professor Calculus & Jean-Luc Picard.

The%20Solvay%20Conference%2C%20probably%20the%20most%20intelligent%20picture%20ever%20taken%2C%201927%20(1)

2 Likes

Found this in the Science section of a second hand book shop a while back.

Off to build a Death Star!

Marie Curie too

I’m alright ta

Just realised how much this looks like a Flaming Lips tracklisting

4 Likes

I like the opening chapter. Gonna assume it makes a strong case for WAR

1 Like

Must be a strong case given it’s repeated in chapter 19

1 Like

Did you buy it or just photograph the cover and contents? Kind of interested to know what it says now.

Bought it ages ago but never got around to reading it. Might skim-read it and find out why we’ve got to fight all the aliens

1 Like

Oh I assumed it was intra-species war. I guess I’m a bit pessimistic like that!

To sum up- HG Wells said it might happen!

It does actually mention intraspecific warfare but that only gets a few paragraphs because aliens sell books

1 Like

Frank Borman filled the Apollo 8 craft with shit on the first day. Man, the rest of that flight must have been stinky.

About an hour after starting his sleep shift, Borman obtained permission from ground control to take a Seconal sleeping pill. The pill had little effect. Borman eventually fell asleep, and then awoke feeling ill. He vomited twice and had a bout of diarrhea; this left the spacecraft full of small globules of vomit and feces, which the crew cleaned up as well as they could.