England in the West Indies

Not much of a tour, this, just the three ODIs. Presumably no-one’s got anything better to do. First game is on Friday.

Tom Curran has been called up to the England squad, will be interesting to see if he gets a game.

West Indies squad: Jason Holder (captain), Devendra Bishoo, Carlos Brathwaite, Kraigg Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Shannon Gabriel, Shai Hope (wk), Alzarri Joseph, Evin Lewis, Jason Mohammed, Ashley Nurse, Kieran Powell, Rovman Powell.

England squad: Eoin Morgan (captain), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Jake Ball, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler (wk), Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Steven Finn, Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes.

On paper the Windies squad doesn’t inspire too much fear (or indeed recognition), I will go for a solid 3-0 to England. What could go wrong?

THE BATSMAN’S HOLDER THE BOWLER’S oh he’s not been taken nevermind

That’s brilliant BUT americans should never, ever be allowed to write about cricket

Fair.

“including three fours (where the ball rolls out of the field)”

That’s some sub-basic level cricket reporting.

THE BATSMAN’S HOLDER THE BOWLER’S BALL, surely?

To someone totally unfamiliar with the rules of cricket, it’s a pretty fair summation, no?

'Cornwall specializes in spin bowling, a style that prioritizes spin and guile over raw power. He’s had a dope week on that end, ’

inexcusable

It’s accurate, subject to a potential argument about cricket being played in a field, but they didn’t bother explaining concepts like slip, overs, wickets etc, none of which make any more sense to the total novice.

Just made me laugh, is all. Hope no-one makes him eat a pie on the boundary for gambling bants.

Good points :smile:

:smiley:

Gonna be good to watch Stokesy, have a look at this catch (that I hope doesn’t autoplay):

Seen this fella in the WI ODI league they have on BT. Didn’t do too much running between the wickets.

I didn’t realise the Women’s Institute had a team.

Going to give 247 a go on the big screen via chromecast this arvo. Not tried it before.

Ooft! My bro-in-law and I have downloaded a third party Chromecast app and it works an absolute treat streaming from a phone. Hope he’s paid his subs.

Hahaha - no he hasn’t!!!

Fuuuuuuuu! Hold on, I’ll have a word.

So with Stokes’ record breaking IPL deal, do we reckon he’s the best all-rounder in cricket?