England vs Pakistan, first Test, 24th-28th May, Lords 🦗

Summer is here! It’s raining in London! Hopefully the weather should hold until 6pm so should see near enough a full day’s play. Anyone going?

Haven’t seen much of Dom Bess so hopefully the weather improves over the next few days and we’ll see him do a bit. Buttler recalled and Root moves up to 3 in the batting order after professing his love for coming in at 4. Inzzy’s nephew’s opening the batting for Pakistan!

Oh yeah I need to get all my work done by 11am actually.

Not seen Dom Bess but nice short name. And can have a good headline of ‘Simply the Bess’ which kinda works.

Happy to have Butler back.

Also Dom Bess sounds like a cricketer from the 1920s as well so that’s nice.

1 Like

Ah yeah, was wondering why it was raining…

2 Likes

Yup, I’m on my way there right now. Got my hat, shades, sunscreen and rain coat packed - standard :+1:

performs sun dance :sunny:

2 Likes

is this the first time mo has been out of the team since his debut? gonna miss his lovely face.

Oh nice man! Have a good day. Can you bosh in a pic from the ground?

Wilco…

1 Like

Half an hour to go, the sun has emerged ten miles up the road.

1 Like

Game on…

6 Likes

Lovely view of the pavilion man :+1:

1 Like

Got annoyed by the inaccuracy of this card. Should be way more through your shot by the time the ball is there. (Take it to pedants’ corner)

Well that was coming.

how the fuck are the test scores still not on the front page of Cricinfo. ahhhhh.

looks like it was dug in short and is heading past the batter’s shoulders. The batter, to their credit is standing firm, unintimidated, safely watching it fly to the keeper.

2 Likes

Oh come on!

could just be leaving it on width regardless

i think what we can both agree on, is that that batter has everything under control and is loving that leave.

1 Like

Could be a full toss that has not yet bounced.

it could be, the batter is still having a lovely time leaving it. as it sails over to first slip