England vs Pakistan, first Test, 24th-28th May, Lords 🦗

Madness isn’t it considering it’s all muck and nobody’s ever enjoyed a glass of it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Those caps. JFC.

3 Likes

What would a par first innings score be on this sort of pitch before a ball was bowled?

I am currently surrounded by people drinking Tattinger :unamused: Not even in the expensive seats. Were not in The Oval anymore…

Ooh, some nice shots :+1:

1 Like

Test score averages have come down a lot in the past decade or so. Hard to say but Root would’ve known the forecast, known it would be cloudy and known the ball would swing - that’s evident in the amount of straight bowled wickets today. Something around 325-350 maybe?

FTFY

1 Like

Cheers.

What are the reasons for this - impact of limited overs cricket on quality of batting, better pitches?

Aye I think this has had a massive effect tbh, it’d be my go to answer.

I think some pitches stay the same, we’re lucky in the uk because we’ve got pitches that are a bit interesting and a climate that offers swing. We’ve got a lot of boring flat pitches too but Lord’s is always pretty tasty because of the slight slope. Dukes ball too, Kookaburra’s in the southern hemisphere tend to do less.

TMS needs the ability to interactively mute certain commentators so I don’t have to listen to Geoffrey Boycott. TMS can be a real joy except for when this miserable old bastard is on.

First day of the first test and he’s already bitching like it’s the end of the world. Tell me more about how they had uncovered pitches in your day, Geoffrey.

Boycott Boycott.

Paul Smith, Asif Din, both formerly of Warwickshire in the late 80s / early 90s

1 Like

Asif Din had some absolute beauties :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lack of preparation for touring teams as well. Back in the day a tour was a tour, all counties were guaranteed a one day or three day game against touring sides, likewise when England went on tour they’d spend weeks in the middle warming up. Doesn’t happen now.

1 Like

Daftest Brexit twat:

• Left: fat, tie needs dry cleaning, dreadful cap.
  • Middle: Smirk, champers, none of his clothes make any sense, dreadful cap.
  • right: Silver mullet, smirk, bow tie.

0 voters

Careful on the ol’ body shaming there chief.

Yer boi on the right, did not know Bernie Sanders was a member.

1 Like

Mmm. Should have thought of that. Apologies all.

2 Likes

Bloody hell!

We’re not doing very well.

1 Like

Maybe…225?