English Channel Boat Incident cw: Death

absolutely

the more severe aspects of climate change push us towards either huge + positive government intervention or to eco fascism

if anyone tells me they’re expecting the former rather than the latter from the uk government and public, all I can do is laugh like a madman at them (cos the alternative is having a breakdown)

8 Likes

The next King* is certainly on the front foot with that eco fascism flag waving

it’s probably nothing to worry about though eh?

2 Likes

See the horrific linkage in policy terms between this and the (blinkered, nonsensical) push for the Nordic Model as proposed here. The trafficking narrative as applied to people who aren’t being trafficked is seemingly extremely persuasive, but it’s utterly destructive for people who are seeking to use their own agency to change their circumstances. It’s one of the nastiest bits of weasel speech around, and thank you for posting that explainer because it’s really clear.

It looks from my perspective like it’s a handy way of passing authoritarian, inhumane policy under the guise of concern-trolling handwringing, and as we can see people are dying in the process.

8 Likes

I’m convinced Priti Patel is being saved to be the eco facist prime minister

2 Likes

Surely not, the sort of people she’s pandering to are frothing at the mouth about her failure to stop the boats

She’s got her hands tied until they change the laws

Unmitigated cunts in Government & BBC News toeing the line as well

2 Likes