Ennio Morricone - 91 today and still going strong

Shall we share some love for the maestro?

Here’s a track from a recent discovery - Giornata Nera Per L’Ariete

2 Likes

Discovered this a couple of years ago. Bit lighter in tone than a lot of his stuff and I imagine the likes of Stereolab and Broadcast have heard this a few times. The whole piece is beautiful but there’s a section that lasts about 90 seconds from around 2 mins in that is absolutely magical.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Françoise Hardy did this in French too, called Je changerais d’avis (different lyrics, not a translation from Italian).

4 Likes

Love this. Discovered it a quite a few years back but only recently found out it was Ennio.

Fantastic - never heard this before.

Everyone should hear this - Morricone’s songs from the 60s. Pure gold. Volume 2 is the 70s and there are a couple more volumes too. The first one is the best though. image

4 Likes

going to track this down for sure

1 Like

Saw him a couple of years ago with his orchestra at The O2 - it was AMAZING. Worth the £100 per ticket :scream: I paid for the TV and I to have eighth row seats…

2 Likes

I heard this song in the film ‘the Place beyond the pines’

absolutely beautiful. obsessed with it.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Obvious answer, but this is one of my favourites. One of the most beautiful things i’ve heard.

3 Likes

Love a bit of Morricone. I was at the same gig. Well worth the cost. I made sure to get good seats as Ive always wanted to see Morricone live.

1 Like

I laughed when I saw them giving out earplugs in this tour but Fuck Me!

Happy Birthday Ennio!