Entering threads

so when you click on a brand new thread it takes you to the OP, obviously. cool.

when you return to a thread from the social page it takes you to where you left off, still cool.

when you search for a thread and then click on it it takes you to a specific post somewhere in the thread. usually about halfway between replies you have already read.

#why

speculate below

4 Likes

ants

Why not

Nothing to do with me.

3 Likes

I really miss threadsmash

2 Likes

Don’t have a cow, man! Yeesh!

it fucks me off japes and i don’t like it

i think why? because the board’s a twat is why

It’s like “Take a chill pill, bro!”

3 Likes

Is the thing you’re searching for in that specific post that you end up in, as well as the thread title?

1 Like

i want to know how it picks the posts that it takes you to, there doesn’t seem to be a connection between them

is dis trying to tell me something?

no!

maybe, let me try it

That’s probably it isn’t it

Mods, put one of those solved ticks on this please

1 Like

more like a dunno-er!

eh… fuckin BOOM

1 Like

are you saying do nut or dough nut

there are things man wasn’t meant to know

yeah actually i think you’ve cracked it

@mods dingdong deserves a tick for that one

1 Like

When I search for entering threads it takes me to the OP.

Am I doing it wrong/right?

almost certainly

I’m gonna admit I’ve never liked the new boards. The old boards looked better, were easier to use and the way it was designed provided a much funnier communicative dialogue imo.

Whereas new DiS feels like instant messenging website sometimes, it’s too ‘real’ and I don’t actually get this ‘two-way conversation between two people’ on what is supposed to be a forum site where you discuss things with many (anonymous) people designed for everyone to read.

Sorry if that makes me a bad person, I get the feeling we’re not really allowed to say this.

i miss nested replies. made things much easier to follow imo

stuff actually working is quite nice though.

5 Likes