Episodes of a TV show where they go somewhere different...

are always terrible.

Pls discuss.

1 Like

Fraser where they go to the wood cabin with the woman that looks like is mum is good

4 Likes

Sopranos_ep311

15 Likes

I really don’t like it when fraiser is outside in the real world. Like a shot of him on the street really throws me.

Get back to the 3-4 sets where you belong!

4 Likes

I just watched that one! Actually, yeah, I like that other Frasier one where there’s the dead seal on the beach too. Maybe it’s because I love nice cabins.

Would also like to give the Silent Witness Giles from Buffy Norway episode a free pass too but that’s mostly because they’re only in Norway for about 15% of the episode.

Father Ted was pretty good at these I think

11 Likes

I can’t think of a single time I’ve seen him on the street - must immediately block it out.

One of us must be right

5 Likes

Does this count? Most sopranos episodes have sone characters doing stuff elsewhere right.

Frasier doesnt count because all episodes are terrible

The Seinfeld two-parter where they go to LA and Kramer becomes mistakenly wanted as a serial killer is pretty bananas but good

9 Likes

The O.C. always had vintage episodes when a road trip was involved

3 Likes

There was that whole episode for fraiser crane day where he’s running round seattle. Was a good episode but made me feel uncomfortable for reasons I can’t explain.

2 Likes

Directly inspired by my Silent Witness binge - 98% episodes are London or surrounds, then every few years they’re like oh let’s do something about the Taliban or a ritual killing in Africa or a Russian criminal ring and I now know to skip those episodes. Can’t work out why they’re so unenjoyable - not the location, more like they’re trying to shoehorn a whole culture into two episodes maybe? Idk.

I too have Frasier agoraphobia just thinking about it.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Soaps when someone goes on holiday and they do full episodes on it like the Dingles in magaluf

2 Likes

When they leave the Royle’s house in The Royle Family - nope.

7 Likes

Jim MacDonald in Blackpool

‘Gilmore Girls’ always had these. The Spring Break one was particularly shit if I remember correctly.

This post paid for by PROF$.

2 Likes