Errors You Get Annoyed At (People Who)

When someone (from Not Scotland) says “macdonalds” when referring to McDonalds, that annoys me.

Obviously LEGOes is universally accepted outside of the USA as been terrible and worth of a shunning.

Tescoes and Asda’s also annoy me, but less so.

2 Likes

Legos. Always legos. Makes me disproportionately angry.

Everything else in life is pretty chill.

11 Likes

When someone says “going down” or “going up” but are not correct to the Cardinal Directions of North and South, boy that’s annoying

13 Likes

“I could care less about…” THAT’S THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU MEAN YOU CLOD!

4 Likes

‘should of’

15 Likes

I don’t get this one tbh.

What’s to get?

In hockey sometime the countries play as GB and sometimes as Scotland/England/Wales. Whenever we play as GB the commentators/opposition coaches etc will always inevitably refer to GB as England even though the team contains Scottish and Welsh players. Massive irk.

8 Likes

I always thought it was sarcasm. Like, “I could care less”, like “could I be anymore like chandler”?

4 Likes

Oh, I just always took it as people being thick and talking wrong!

Haha, no seriously I am most definitely wrong because thinking about it as a replacement for “I couldn’t care less” it has to be bullshit ha

1 Like

Used to have a manager who said mezzazine instead of mezzanine which irked me quite a lot. Given that part of our workspace was a mezzanine floor the word came up surprisingly often, but I didn’t correct him the first time, so that was that for two years.

On the other hand, the same manager’s out of office reply never failed to delight, with its inclusion of, “… if you require any assistants while I’m away, please call…”

1 Like

Pronouncing cache with a hard A. Fucking moron.

Once worked with someone who said Westminister instead of Westminster even though he worked in Westminster.

2 Likes

can you be more pacific?

My colleague calls the garden centre at work the gardening centre and it really winds me up.

3 Likes

Renumeration

Can’t bear “building to a crescendo”. A crescendo is not a loud noise you lackwit.

2 Likes

*People whom

4 Likes

When people pronounce it “pay-tent” instead of “pat-tent”. It doesn’t bother me in isolation, but if it’s in a conversation in a professional context and I’m saying it the right way and they keep saying it wrong, that’s irksome.