Essence of your home

Nice furniture in a tired room. Yellow-ish paint flaking off the corner of ceiling and wall
High chair next to a wall, the wall is dotted with food spatters and smears.
Kids toys everywhere
Clothes everywhere
Washing machine sound in background
CBeebies on a TV
Smell of slight curry lingering in the background

5 Likes

Mine would be:

Soundtrack of cat screaming.
Smell of cedar incense.
Walls painted browny orange.
On a pile of never opened brown envelopes in the centre of the room, a handmade mug filled with chai.

Participants are required to bring candles to light the space themselves.

7 Likes

A series of flat surfaces provided by a range of Ikea Kalaxes and Billys.

These must be covered by a random selection of bits of dog kibble, old bank statements and bits of decade old paperwork mysteriously required for the mortgage process.

A fine paste of dog biscuit crumbs and drool on the floor.

Smell would be Smudge.

For bonus authenticity, at certain times of the day, Smudge will give visitors the sad eye / turned back treatment for not fussing him / giving him food.

4 Likes

Big fan of this installation. I will be visiting again.

1 Like

Chaotic but essential to the narrative. Thank you.

I hope i can buy some of the kids toys as merch in the gift shop.

1 Like

Only the many broken toys. The nice ones stay

2 Likes

The view from Hoogy HQ, carved out in actual cheddar. It will smell.

Something like this:

17 Likes

Subverting our inward gaze. Spectacular.

6 Likes

Are we allowed to use people in the installation? Not us specifically, one of those things where a person doing something is also part of the exhibition.

Smudge steals the show :clap:

You are. I was going to recruit @Matt_was_taken to linger out of view of mine

3 Likes

Ok, so my installation is a white room with a pile of books on one side and a set of bookshelves on other, with some books already on it. There are exactly as many books in the pile as there are on the shelves.

There are two people in the room, one is instructed to pick up a book from the pile one at a time and place it one the shelf, the other is instructed to take a book from the shelf and place it back on the pile.

9 Likes

Face Reaction GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

3 Likes

Breathtaking

1 Like

Soundtrack: the noise cats make before they throw up, with the faint din of constant traffic noise.

The installation
Lighting: beams of natural-looking light as if coming through blinds into a slightly darkened room.
The space: thousands of handwritten notes, lists, plans etc. Pieces of paper are everywhere, across the floor of the space, on the walls, the ceiling (if there is one as part of the installation). An array of books including unread library books. A number of half-completed upcycling projects.

Smell: baking bread, coffee and bleach.

11 Likes

Stunning :star::star::star::star::star:

4 Likes

I’m going for a sensory confusion tinged with unwavering anxiety vibe.

2 Likes

Someone didn’t throughly read the brief :wink::joy:

2 Likes

I’m counting item types rather than individual items! :laughing:

2 Likes