Etiquette for Modern Life

If you could make a new rule for modern living that was accepted as standard for everyone. What would it be?

It wouldn’t be law, people could choose not to comply, but they’d be very well aware of how others would see their action.

Let’s not make this too heavy.

Different lanes on pavements for slow/fast walkers and phone-lookers.

5 Likes

Mandatory eating in cinemas

5 Likes

Red Tuesdays. Only red clothes on Tuesdays.

SFPP

1 Like

Sports would be difficult.

One team would have to bleach their hair like those Romanian lads.

2 Likes

Hats should be a thing again. Not just baseball caps, beanies, and fedoras trilbies. Everyone should default to wearing a hat while in public.

HATS.

3 Likes

Take off your backpack/rucksack before getting onto the bus/tube.

2 Likes

love how obsessed dis is with rules. there must be at least two threads a day on the topic.

If you need to look at your phone while on the pavement go and stand somewhere out of the way rather than walk without looking where you’re going.

1 Like

No umbrellas in city centres. You have to wear a kagool or pack a mac or poncho

2 Likes

Or just use the new mobile phone lane once I’ve finished revolutionising walking.

1 Like

we are basically all 8 year olds

8 year old grasses who come to school carrying a briefcase.

1 Like

Slow replying to messages, especially in any kind of relationship / dating context should be frowned upon to such a degree that no one does it - purely cos it makes me anxious and irritated

Love hats, have many, many hats and I would like more. I like to think they fill the space where my personality would be.

(They also fill the space where my hair should be)

2 Likes

Preach

i’d never have a relationship with anyone if this was me.

disappointing to hear