Euro 2017: actual football thread

Only inconsistently.

shut up

1 Like

Buh?

Good to see all the snide pub bores from the men’s football threads turning out for this one too

1 Like

I can have a word with him privately for slagging tennis off if you want, mate…

Glad to get my summer fix of

SOCAR energy of Azerbaijan

1 Like

Enjoying it but i’m not that familiar with any players
Who’s good to hate?

Can someone share a link? Can’t find the stream for love nor money

Could a case be made for running the women’s tournaments at the same time/location as the men’s? Sort of feel as though it’s get a lot more of an audience/get people more interested in the game.

Germany

1 Like

not sure who you mean but yes please

it is worth noting that Holland achieved automatic qualification to the tournament as they are the hosts.

1 Like

bit worried at how badly Sweden are going to get trounced here

is Huth any relation

don’t think so

not a great first 45’ but if it’s 0-0 at 90’ I’ll take that

Sweden get too nervy against Germany to play their usual 1 or 2 touch game - so many sloppy first touches and misplaced passes and rarely enough bodies in the box when they do get forward

Germany didn’t look exactly like a team used to playing together yet either and a bit shot shy

not many chances despite a lot of back & forth

frustrating but like I said at half time I’ll take that

typical dutch :wink:

Day 3

Germany and Sweden didn’t deliver last night and their game ended in a disappointing draw, whereas in the other group B game Russia almost lost their two goal lead to Italy in the dying minutes, just about managing a 2 - 1 win.

Today we’ll see group C in action for the first time. The early kick-off sees the battle of the Alps as Austria and Switzerland are in action, whereas the later game is a meeting between title contenders France and underdogs Iceland.

Live on Eurosport and Channel 4’s All 4 online platform (5 PM and 7:45 PM).

Fun fact of the day: Kicky, the tournament mascot, has her own instagram account https://www.instagram.com/kickydemascotte/

very mixed feeling about last night’s game

You can see how Steffi Jones has set Germany up to play but they haven’t gelled yet and Sembrant & Lindahl stopping the few good chances Germany had means that there was probably never a better opportunity for Sweden to take 3 points off them but they just didn’t attack with enough options when they had the ball in space. It was easy for the German back 3 to force Schelin & Asllani into ineffectual wide positions with their backs to goal

Also - at 32 & 33 years old Caroline Seger & Lotta Schelin just couldn’t match the German kids for pace. Though the Germans did tire hugely in the last 10 minutes & I thought Sweden should have had at least a couple of free kicks & maybe a pen that the ref played advantage for

Still, a point against Germany is not a bad start to a football tournament in anyone’s book really

Looking forward to watching France tonight