Euro 2020 - Match day 11 Reckonings for Groups B and C 🇫🇮 🇧🇪 🇷🇺 🇩🇰 🇲🇰 🇳🇱 🇺🇦 🇦🇹

Yeah this was my first thought as well but I’d (like to) assume they all get daily tests?

Clarke gave them two days with their families before the Czech game but I’m not sure if that’s had anything to do with it.

You’d think so. Who knows, just hoping that there’s no more bad news to come.

2 Likes

The close contacts isolating for the Netherlands game was a precaution, wasn’t it? It seems like they’re allowed to play so long as they test negative.

Honestly no idea. I hope so/none of them have caught it from him.

That’s a real shame for Gilmour, really gutted for him tbh.

Have there been any/many other players who’ve had a positive test during the tournament? Know there was a few beforehand who had to withdraw, was expecting there to be more tbh.

That seems a bad idea

5 Likes

I think Slovakia had some

sorry for the DM link but the “no close contacts” thing is clearly shite eh?

2 Likes

https://gifyu.com/image/1ASk

Embed you shit

1 Like

Joao Cancelo had to go home, think that was before the first game though.

A really big blow for Scotland’s chances of securing the famous 0-0 victory they require to progress.

5 Likes

So we have some news channels coming to the bar tomorrow to interview folk before Czech Vs England, look at this email my manager just sent regarding it

The fuckin disrespect

12 Likes

Obviously having most of their World Class Attacking Talent ™ off the boil doesn’t help (Kane, Sterling, Rashford, probably Sancho from his minutes or lack of) and TAA’s and Maguire’s absences are something of a blow to how they play, but I’ve no idea how England have ended up in an international tournament with apparently no idea what their best team is once again and with little or no plan.

Got to admit I never put myself through an England match outside of a tournament, but haven’t we also changed the formation having stuck with five at the back right through to the last friendly? Easy to point the finger at Southgate when Mancini is showing how having a very competent if not brilliant manager can turn a team’s fortunes around, but also, there’s literally no English managers of that level or even the rung below…

Unless something clicks against Czech Republic, I think a typical last 16 exit before the team even get started is the best we can hope for :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ffs - they want to be called Czechia now!

4 Likes

I think there is a plan, it’s just not one that works against teams playing very deep like Scotland did. The damning thing is there doesn’t appear to be any plan B at all.

3 Likes

Would fuckin love it if they interview me

“Aye the state of that Jack Grealish sub tho”

1 Like

Please wear your Germany shirt tomorrow.

3 Likes

That’s Wednesday, Scotland shirt tomorrow :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I can see that. Reminded me at times of the frustration of watching United’s young quick counter-attacking team, featuring very little of a plan B, and how much that reverts to watching paint dry when playing against any team who sits back. Essentially play up/down to the level of whoever we play. The only thing is, I’m not sure England are good enough or experienced enough to beat a team that gets at us, i.e. one of the group of death, and could easily fluff it to any middling team that sits back.

2 Likes