Euro 2020 - Match day 13: 🇸🇰 🇪🇸 🇸🇪 🇵🇱 🇩🇪 🇭🇺 🇵🇹 🇫🇷

Spain though.

4 Likes

Spain look like they’re interested in creating some chances, at least. They’d have four or five if Morata could finish.

2 Likes

Following England with any level of emotional investment is utterly joyless for so many reasons

2 Likes

They want to win it and the only way they can is to be hard to beat.
As I said last night you can’t just switch your style every 3 days and hope to be able to stay compact when the time comes.

Imagine stones maguire and rice having to play one on one versus mbappe, griezzman and benzema. It’d be a bloodbath

2 Likes

Funny how Portugal are the great overachievers in football (relative to population) and Portuguese people are really nice, yet their football teams are always so uniquely dislikable

10 Likes

Hey, get your own thing

1 Like

It’s a bit spurious isn’t it to separate out the “big” teams from the minnows. I’ve seen a bit of all of England’s matches and some of it has been right tedious, but I’ve seen a lot of other matches which were total yawnfests and surely that’s the issue at hand. If we want to complain about the football being boring it would seem to me sensible to lay the blame equally at all the boring teams.

I guess where the big team thing comes into play is in the knockout stages, but as others have pointed out that kind of necessitates at least a change of gear anyway doesn’t it. And again as others have pointed out, if England grind their way joylessly to the title (lol) then they won’t be the first team to do it that way.

1 Like

Not disputing that. Not gonna stomach the gruel with a smile though.

1 Like

Going to be in Glasgow for the next England match to see the later game at Hampden. Any idea on nice pubs to watch the game? Or are nice pubs and televised sports as rare in Scotland as England?

Not seeing a lot of evidence of anyone else doing that either, frankly. Certainly not in here!

1 Like

This England chat is great. “We have to be boring because that’s how we win!”

England aren’t winning anything, stop trying to justify your stodgy football.

12 Likes

Less of the “we” please. Some of us comment without being remotely invested.

Allison Arms would be your best bet in that it’s the nicest pub about, or even closer and bigger there’s the clockwork at Mount Florida station

1 Like

Also I told you there’s be nae draws yesterday

1 Like

I haven’t caught up with last night’s thread yet so don’t know if this is discussed yet but how at it is this

You played yer auld enemy on Friday, you were shite lads. One of my staff was at the game last night and came down after on his way back from Wembley and was saying all the England fans were chanting about “It’s Tuesday Night and Scotland are going home” or some BOLLIX and it’s like, wow obsessed much eh

2 Likes

BAHAHAHAHAAH

1 Like

The Sun in talking shite shocker!

5 Likes

It’s been a real struggle to watch and I’ve had 38 games of Royball.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Southgate ends up at Palace.

I wonder if the FA would approach Mancini for the England job?

It would be like Southgateball but in a much more stylish tailored suit and with a far superior win cellar