Euro 2020: match day 21 šŸ‡¬šŸ‡¬ šŸ‡©šŸ‡°

Anyway hereā€™s the tiny car

1 Like

Actually this is probably why everyoneā€™s gone weird, starved for tiny car content, fuckin ITV, blood on their hands

5 Likes

Wtf that video is from tonight??

1 Like

As someone on the losing side tonight I donā€™t feel like itā€™s been that bitter, seemed like a fun and good-natured thread, obviously could be seeing that through tinted specs though. I hope none of my Denmark-supporting stuff riled anyone.

If anything struck me as odd it was more any ā€œget it up yeā€-style comments when England scored/won, because theyā€™re obviously directed at people in the thread, whereas any anti-england stuff was directed more at the team/media (I felt, again may be viewing this through tinted glasses, apologies if so). Like in a club thread we donā€™t have that gloating directed between ourselves when one side beats another (I donā€™t think anyway), feels strange that weā€™re having it here.

6 Likes

In fairness to everybody I should have stayed on the other side of the music vs sports line, I feel if you donā€™t grow up with it you canā€™t interact with that world itā€™s damaging

Cheat sheet:

England players: mostly good lads, marxist
England fans on here: all good, lovely
England fans not on here: scum, racists
England manager: a dish
Englandā€™s history: a disgrace
Englandā€™s current politics: a disgrace
Englandā€™s Rose: Princess Diana

I trust we can move on now

22 Likes

Not been itt since about 7pm tonight. Just read through. Absolutely loved it. Thanks everyone.

3 Likes

@Bamnan, one thing Iā€™ve genuinely enjoyed about the Euros is you getting into footy. Iā€™m sorry if some people here are a bit toxic, I think itā€™s an accepted part of the vibe x

4 Likes

itā€™s fine I guess if everybody else just feels itā€™s strong banter and isnā€™t taking it to heart then it does read differently now.

I have enjoyed the games but itā€™s not nice to feel like you are being disliked is all.

and it definitely goes both ways thereā€™s people here supporting England who enjoy needling other teams and being provocative too

1 Like

should make a newbie sports thread for those who arenā€™t grizzled vets of years of jibes i.e. close DiS whenever England is playing

2 Likes

I think this is the way forward

5 Likes

Yep

Nah weā€™re good man itā€™s been great having you here

1 Like

Tiny football car, I wanna be your star

5 Likes

Pretty spot on tbf

Fwiw this is basically it.

I get why none of the people on here who donā€™t support England donā€™t like us, I get why you want us to lose, I get the historical connotations etc.

But if you canā€™t handle being playfully being called out after loads of posts willing us to lose, ā€œnever a penaltyā€ (it was btw) ā€œfuck Englandā€ ā€œ:denmark::denmark::denmark:ā€ etc then yā€™know.

Weā€™ll lose on Sunday and youā€™ll all be happy again. And if we dont :wink:

Weā€™re all good x

7 Likes

11 Likes

Were people not able to handle this? Seemed fine? If anything by being obtuse itā€™s made it seemed more of a thing than it was originally but genuinely might have missed something?

1 Like