Euro 2020 - match day 4 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇨🇿 / 🇵🇱 🇸🇰 / 🇪🇸 🇸🇪

I hope I’m wrong, I really do, but I think we’ll lose every match.

2:1 against the Czechs
4:1 against England
2:0 against Croatia

Reminds me of my Dad (used to be able to hear him singing it when looking for his trousers)

1 Like

Never said he was good!

Alan Rough was a comedy goalie for me growing up, so he had to get the shirt. It’s my Scotland team, make your own :crazy_face:

Hope Scotland win just for McGinniesta really. Look forward to a Barcelona 80mil bid come July

go on lads

1 Like

Happy for the lovely scotch dissers being able to get involved on the big stage

Poland/Slovakia and Spain/Sweden reek a bit of one-way traffic - is Scotland/Czech Rep our best bet for a humdinger today? Bleak if true!

2 Likes

what a dreamboat

3 Likes

aye it’s been a while :sob: :laughing: :+1:

2 Likes

Something so lovely about Scotland at a major tournament. Their performance historically is the complete opposite of what is expected. 1978 was so glorious, the bad and the good.

4 Likes

Could you make a case for Scotland being proportionately one of the worst performers in international football? Startling record of non-qualification and underperformance on the occasions they do.

Feels like this group’s pretty doable for them, nothing to fear from Croatia based on yesterday and Czechs are beatable. They’ll do us at Wembley, obviously.

Probably, especially considering back in the day we were expected to go really far in World Cups and still fucked it up.

Gonna have the Scotland game on in the background. Not sure I’ll watch any of the other games

Think this Scotland team would do very well to get out of the group, if we’re being realistic, and a first round exit wouldn’t be under performing. England controlled yesterday’s game well, and Croatia aren’t the team they were a couple of years ago, but they still have a majority of players playing at top flight clubs across the big five leagues unlike Scotland. Czech Republic qualified reasonably well and beat England at home, but Scotland should be able to give them a decent match. I think the England game is a bit of a case of the form book going out the window, but a draw would be a huge result, all things told.

Essentially think they have a shot but have to perform very well to go through.

4 Likes

11 Likes

I dunno, I think the draw is relatively kind in a format where 3 teams go through from a lot of groups and a ‘home’ tournament.

Think it would be an underperformance (and undeniably funny as a result) if they don’t get out of it.

Where were you last time Scotland played their first match in a major finals? iirc it was France 98 v Brazil…?

(Me: Yates’s Wine Lodge, Market Square, Nottingham)

I was 8 so probably at home playing Croc on the PS1

3 Likes

In my living room in Brudenell Mount, Hyde Park, Leeds, with loads of uni friends. One of whom got absolutely smashed, kept talking about how fit Colin Hendry was, then passed out about 10 minutes into the first half.

10 Likes

Think this is slightly overstating the level that Scotland are at just now. We qualified by beating Albania & Israel twice (and one of those was on penalties) then played well against a not amazing Serbian team, and we haven’t really had any amazing results in the current round of qualifiers. It’s absolutely brilliant that we’re there and it would be great to get to the knockouts but fourth is where you’d expect us to finish really.

1 Like

Watching at home in Southport - having moved from Edinburgh a few years earlier. Being the Scottish kid in England for Euro 96 was terrible

13 Likes