Euro 2020: Rest Days Before It Comes Home

Italy versus England is the final of Euro 2020! Imagine telling someone that before a ball had been kicked. They’d probably say ‘that’s unusual but hardly beyond the realms of possibility’.

18 Likes

Won’t predict the result until I know what country the ref is from …

2 Likes

Schmeichel was immense last night wasn’t he.

Not a Denmark fan but he was class :clap:

32 Likes

Get Grealish on!

3 Likes

And then quickly off…

9 Likes

Jack’s on
Jack’s off

17 Likes
  • Hungover
  • Tired
  • Both
  • Neither

0 voters

When it went to extra time I was basically resigned to Denmark going through, because it was pretty apparent which goalie was having the game of their life and which had suddenly remembered they were Jordan Pickford.

19 Likes

Wish it hadn’t had gone to extra time absolutely smashed through 3 pints in that half hour just out of sheer tenseness so a bit foggy probably for the next half hour. Then our lad was up at 5 after just not being able to sleep for ages due to being wired and happy.

Exactly this. Even though Denmark were on their last legs generally he was like the final boss on a game. Was so, so relieved that we got a penalty to make things a bit easier.

I’m not someone who comes away from a match able to specifically rate individual players’ performances (it’s not how I process the game, and it makes me feel like a lesser football fan for it) but his performance was impossible to ignore

1 Like

Would you say you had a roughyhead?

1 Like

My mate brought a keg of his homebrew dubbel round.

Feel awful

7 Likes

I had Budweiser

Wasssssuuuuuup

8 Likes

Wasssssuuuuuuppppp

8 Likes

Just had a maccies so will feel great for the next half hour

I ended up watching the football (I so rarely do) and got caught up in the hype so ended up drinking the wine I had left from Tuesday, then moving on to beer afterwards - I’d be fine if there hadn’t have been extra time… :upside_down_face:

I’m tired and my head is fuzzy. Need a Maccies breakfast but porridge will have to do…

7 Likes

Hi

10 Likes

Got in after 12 last night, genuinely cannot remember the last time that happened on a school night but certainly not since 2019

1 Like

A little worse for wear but just absolutely buzzing still tbh. WORLD CUP!

1 Like