Euro 2024 & Germany travel thread

Yes but dont be put off, despite the ale yeast (like Kölsch in Köln but thats golden) and colour it is brewed and conditioned as if its a lager, so it is still very refreshing. Also both city’s style of local beers are served in a stange, which is a small thin glass thats somewhere between a half and two thirds, partly to keep it cheap but also fresh, rather then charge you by round they will offer to top you up and keep tabs by marking your coaster, and when you’re done put your coaster on top of your glass and they’ll know youre finished and to charge you.

2 Likes

This sounds dangerous but brilliantly simple

1 Like

There are no direct flights from London to Leipzig other than Ryanair from Stansted, and then only a few days per week. It just didn’t work and going via Berlin was quicker and cheaper (and avoided flying Ryanair).

1 Like

Think the big 5 are Uerige, Schlussel, Schumacher, Kurzer & Fuchschen

2 Likes

Yeah ok fair, theres a direct train from Berlin-Brandenburg right which isnt even that far, I just thought from the way you worded that Leipzig-Halle had closed or something. I flew from there once and it was a total ghost town lol

Yesterday I couldn’t remember the exact reason why I’m not flying to Leipzig. There is an airport but it’s pretty useless.

1 Like

Didn’t realise the resale portal was still going :open_mouth: : Link?

If you like sushi, wander round the Japanese district near the main train station and get something for lunch or dinner there. Been a while since I’ve been, so can’t remember which specific places are good, but there are dozens of them

1 Like

The old style brauhause will just sell altbier and NA equivalents, but loads of other bars that will have normal pils and stuff

1 Like

The waiters are all in charge of their own accounts and will take card, but probably still prefer cash if possible (might possibly have changed since Covid tbf)

1 Like

So turns out theyve now announced tcikets are back on sale (it’ll be ones that didnt pay last go arounnd) but they must have quietly re-opened it yesterday, so we got incredibly lucky.

I went through the app but good luck now as the queue has probably exploded

Holy Craft is a nice crafty place tooo if thats your hing, very excited to finally check out Craft Beer Corner in Köln after meeting the owners a while back when they visited London

Oh I got straight in

https://euro2024-sales.tickets.uefa.com/account

Just prime seats left, that’ll be why. Wow we got lucky…

I can’t see tickets for sale for anything - what am I doing wrong?

In fairness, I’m not dropping €500 on a ticket for anything at this stage…

1 Like

Can’t see anything on sale either. Very frustrating.

I checked yesterday and couldn’t see anything for sale

What time, this was mid-afternoon for me

Probably early afternoon but tbh, I’m not even sure if I was looking in the right place.

1 Like

This is good advice thanks. Was going to take out about €20 and not bother with cash.

1 Like