Euro 96 - match day 8: 🇸🇪 🇸🇰 🇭🇷 🇨🇿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Heard a good trivia question earlier:

In which year did England beat Scotland in a European Championships group match at Wembley?
and for a bonus point, who scored the 2nd goal??

12 Likes

Nessun Dorma, of course, is Italian for “REMEMBER BANNOCKBURN”

12 Likes

Only just realised the last time Scotland and England played against each other in a major tournament that Paul Gascoigne scored and did a mad celebration.

They must have unearthed some rare never seen before footage or something.

1 Like

Please post one of him singing yes sir I can boogie

2 Likes

Best I can manage (which I’ll be honest, is a billion times better than I was expecting to be able to provide)

4 Likes

Hope Uri Geller is flying above the stadium in a helicopter later

That’s actually really good and inspiring

3 Likes

Czech! Czech! Czech!

The Czech are high on confidence after a smashing 2 - 0 victory in their first game.

A few fun facts for you:

• they have never beaten Croatia
  • their 3 previous meetings produced 12 goals, an average of 4 per game
  • only twice before have they won their first two matches at a major tournament
  • the pun-tastic Patrik Schick had 5 of his 7 shots on target in the first match
  • manager Jaroslav Šilhavý holds the record for most appearances in the Czech League: 465
  • in 2011 goalkeeper Tomáš Vaclík signed a 3 year deal with Dutch team De Graafschap, only to see the deal cancelled when he failed his medical. He was supposed to replace Boy Waterman

Pojďme udělat ty lidi!

9 Likes

Can’t wait for 8 o’clock! Monty’s going to be planting out dahlias and tender vegetables.

2 Likes

What’s up with the lineups leaking. Go away, the athletic

1 Like

What lineup have they leaked?

England. Shaw and James in for Walker and Trippier

2 Likes

can’t believe Tuna would leak the lineup like that

23 Likes

Ffs i was trying to avoid lineup spoilers so i could watch it on motd later

3 Likes

if anyone got to tap it in I’m glad it was shrewbie

2 Likes

What’s Chilwell done wrong? Feels like he should have a crack.

very jealous of England’s full back situation though, especially since the Castagne injury
they should be forced to give a right back to every other team in the tournament imo

Let’s keep it good natured today, I don’t want anybody to walk away from tonight’s game feeling upset

3 Likes

I was wondering about this after the reason they didn’t have the Gazprom was to do with not letting sponsors in without quarantining.