Evening Standard's 20 Best Indie Rock Bands Ever

you shared this to make us angry and confused and by gum you succeeded

1 Like

Spoon is a top name, come on

1 Like

Must be jarring for a lot of DISers to see any kind of list with Radiohead as low as number 17 in it. Itā€™s barely believable.

3 Likes

The Cribs are so boring

2 Likes

The worst band Johnny Marr has ever been in.

Iā€™ve done quite a lot of research into this now and loads of these bands arenā€™t even going anymore!!! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

much prefer peppermint apes over spoon

Classic fish in a barrel DiS fodder. Well played, Evening Standard.

1 Like

Iā€¦ think I broadly agree (if Iā€™m interpreting your emojis correctly), but have you not heard Neutral Milk Hotel before? Je recommend.

If youā€™re doing a wolfcastle here, KB, then put me out of my misery quickly, please.

Spoon are reaaaally white and dudey BUTā€¦

Theyā€™re funny as fuck. Have a cool-ass drummer. A great singer. Can be Krautrocky but also 70s AM radio adjacent to my ears. They love them some glitch-wave. They write hooks for days. They donā€™t give a single shit.

Out of all the white boy bands i seemingly exclusively listened to in my 20s, theyā€™re the only one i stuck with through my 30s.

Plus they share Rob Pope with The Get-Up Kids soā€¦

3 Likes

whyā€™s there a picture of bono at the top of the article when u2 arenā€™t even in the list

The Maccabees?

Jesus wept.

1 Like

Donā€™t think he was alive at the time

3 Likes

If there was ever a reason for him to be resurrected to enable him to weep, itā€™s this.

1 Like

aka here is a list of bands

Scouting For Girls were robbed I tell you!

feel the need to highlight this but no idea what can be said

1 Like

The Maccabees are ace .