Evening thread for today

I’m gonna be working nights :sleeping: :coffee: :coffee:

First of all, a lonely beefeater meal for one… then. The apprentice. WBU?

Hey m_w_t

Having @plasticniki and @ChorizoPasta’s favourite dinner, Kiev and chips, with peas. Got some beer and the apprentice .

4 Likes

I’m having Kiev and peas too (with baked taties though) !

3 Likes

Our chips are actually homemade wedges

1 Like

The beafeater doesn’t serve chicken Kiev :frowning:

I’m missing out

1 Like

Any other meats ever given the Kiev treatment…?

Just had mediocre fish and chips at the hotel restaurant. Currently working down in the restaurant rather than in the special solitary misery of my hotel room.

2 Likes

La de da delicious

If Prince Charles can eat groussaka, then I’m sure he can eat a grouse Kiev.

1 Like

So the coffee I ordered is more like a bird bath :sweat_smile: :grimacing:

Anyway, evening all!

:white_check_mark: I’ve got an unexpected free evening
:white_check_mark: I’m going to have pie and chips
:white_check_mark: I’m also going to have a gin and tonic

11 Likes

Spent lunch listening to music and looking at my phone, when I looked up at the end I realised my colleagues were sat around me, don’t know if they tried to engage me in conversation but more fool them if they did

8 Likes

Feeling VERY grumbly. I just apologised for something in the hope that it would provoke an apology back. Didn’t happen, feeling more irked than before. I’m an idiot and so are they. GRUMBLE.

1 Like

Which gin?

Could murder a nice g and t

All I’ve got is Indian brandy and some weird Turkish spirit (both gifts from people’s holidays)

There should be a word for an apology proferred with the expectation of getting one back

There’s probably a curb ep all about this isn’t there?

7 Likes

Oh good point. Some gin that Mrs CCB’s sister ordered for her. (It came in the post! We were very excited)

Sounds mysterious

Full of twigs and old feathers?

Ugh this happened to me at work recently. I apologised for the tiny thing I’d done wrong (raising my voice slightly when someone had been unreasonable to me over the course of several months) and got a response along the lines of “so you should be - you were hostile and dismissive” lol