Evening thread, on Monday

Hi
I’m sitting on a train :bullettrain_side: from Edinburgh to Glasgow, listening to a Richard herring podcast, sitting opposite a very German looking girl :girl: in a Germany football shirt.

What was the last train :bullettrain_side: journey you made?
What was the last podcast you listened to?
When was the last time you made an assumption about someone’s nationality?
What was the last foreign football shirt you saw someone wearing?

RULE :straight_ruler: if you are using a device that suggests emojis while you are typing you must use them.

It’s tuesday :frowning2:

Hello. Sitting in the launderette.

Really like this weather. Gonna go and sit in a pub and eat some ham and chips cos I’m fucking wild.

You’re absolutely right :point_right:

Chips :fries:

Off to see Stars Of The Lid

Stars :night_with_stars:

What was the last train :bullettrain_side: journey you made? - New Cross to Shoreditch High St this morning
What was the last podcast you listened to? - Listening to the The / Filmcast review of Inside Out RIGHT NOW
When was the last time you made an assumption about someone’s nationality? - Hmm, not sure, there’s a Greek guy at work who I assumed was Greek based on his name only
What was the last foreign football shirt you saw someone wearing? - Myself wearing one today/a colleague to my left wearing a Schalke one

Any further questions?

Currently on a :light_rail: right now from Oxford to Glasgow, circa Carlisle. Sharing a carriage with some over-hyper sales reps who have been singing show tunes for the last 3 hours. :skull: me now.

Don’t listen to podcasts.

An Italian asked me about Brexit last week and I assumed that they’d be against it, but turned out they want their own …Itexit?

Dunno what the last :soccer:️ Shirt I saw was, but it was probably Celtic. My family have this saying that no matter where you go in the world you will always see a chump in a Celtic shirt.

Have I covered everything? Good.

Hello hello!

Slept badly last night and have ached all day. Didn’t get much work done. Going round a friend’s to watch a film later. Not sure what to have for dinner…

Last train - probably going into London. Sadly haven’t been on a lengthy train in a while.

Last podcast - feel like a listened to a David Sedaris one a while back.

Nationality assumption - thought my friend was Polish but he in fact has Brazilian heritage.

Football shirt - Japanese national team. A friend’s just come back from teaching there.

Have a nice evening all!

(weirdly my new phone doesn’t suggest emoji’s sad face)

Yes, why didn’t you post :email: the following emojis when prompted?
Football :soccer:
Left :point_left:

Hello Smee, I wasn’t prompted to post emojis and am somewhat confused by what you’re talking about.

Train :steam_locomotive: from Newcastle to Glasgow a few weeks back. Far too busy for my liking.
Don’t often :ear: to podcasts - Listened to Global Globules because my brother sent me a link.
Last year I had a Congolese student and I correctly guessed she was Congolese because her name was a bit French and a bit African.
I wore my Santos shirt from Mexico last night. Another colleague in the same game wore the France away shirt.

Low emoji ratio here…

I think its an Android thing. I apologise for being mistaken that you were being prompted upon seeing your train :bullettrain_side: emoji

What was the last train :bullettrain_side: journey you made? Liverpool to Oxford via Birmingham (was horrible, had a migraine with aura and thought I was going blind and havent quite got over it yet)
What was the last podcast you listened to? the radiolab one about the supreme court
When was the last time you made an assumption about someone’s nationality? I assumed my supervisor was irish and she is
What was the last foreign football shirt you saw someone wearing? not sure sorry

What was the last train :bullettrain_side: journey you made? Sheffield to Manchester Airport.

What was the last podcast you listened to? The episode of WTF with Kamasi Washington.

When was the last time you made an assumption about someone’s nationality? Assumed the American bf of a friend would be loud and annoying. I was incorrect as he was a nice bloke.

What was the last foreign football shirt you saw someone wearing? My mate Fintan was wearing an Argentina jersey in the pub last night.

Cooking dinner now, will listen to some interviews later and get started on an article. Have to reply to some emails as well.

Ah ok, I’m currently on an iMac but will have a go with my Android phone at some point and see what happens.

Hopefully it’ll buck it’s ideas up :point_up_2:

Thank you, very thorough. Never got round to listening to any radio :radio: lab podcasts think it might be to late for me now.