Evening thread whether you want one or not

The work thing I was wicked worried about happened today and it went fine (went boring, if anything). It was kind of a surreal place for me to be, so I went into my How To With John Wilson mode and started writing notes of my observations

2 Likes

Best Shed Seven song was Where Have You Been Tonight?

Chasing Rainbows tho

1 Like

Is there a proper name for those chips that you used to be able to get that are basically discs of potato, but fried? You used to get them on an Olympic Breakfast

Is this the evening thread or the dehumidifier thread? I moved ours earlier, into the room that weā€™ve had plastered, in the hope that the plaster dries out sooner. Normally it lives in the kitchen where thereā€™s a big crack over the door which leaks a bit when itā€™s raining. Good job there isnā€™t loads of rain right now. Oh.

Whatā€™s that? Itā€™s not the dehumidifier thread? Ah, well let me moan about the mini thunder storm weā€™ve just had, just after I tried to do bedtime with Jimbo. He should be knackered, what with the clocks changing and swimming today, but a bit of lightning and thereā€™s no ways going to sleep any time soon. Bah.

3 Likes

Had a smoked salmon pasta for tea. Solid.

Did some baking, as me and the youngest like to have something to eat while watching Bake Off

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/cooking-baking-in-2022/63435/118?u=robstation01

Got so much work to do that Iā€™m somewhat paralysed into inaction. Still, cake.

1 Like

I love that song. Partly because my overriding memory of it is hearing it in the back of the car when I was really little and being driven home, feeling really tired after a big day out.

I vividly remember hearing the line ā€œand then i missed my cue, everybody had a laugh and then went for an early bathā€ and thinking about how nice it would be when I got in and had a nice bath

4 Likes

Little chef themselves call them sautƩ potatoes

http://www.littlechef.co.uk/the-olympic-breakfast/#:~:text=Posted%20on%20Tuesday%2C%20October%207th,of%20toast%20or%20fried%20bread.

1 Like

Also do i need a dehumidifier? Feel like Iā€™m missing out!

Off to Press Club :guitar:

5 Likes

Used to love those potatoes when having a Little Chef breakfast when I was a kid

1 Like

Freezer treats for dinner.

3 Likes

I have to drive some of my colleagues to a place in a coupla days and it is adorable how intensely Iā€™m thinking about what the best music to play in the car would be

1 Like

I always thought a sautĆ© potato was shallow fried but Iā€™ll take their word for it!

Pizza hut piz was nicer than I thought itā€™d be

I also need to get in on the dehumidifiers, put it off for too long by trying to use the cheap interior dehumidifier packs you can buy. An exciting purchase opportunity ahead.

1 Like

I imagine it probably should be, but thatā€™s fast food for you

1 Like

Evening

On the train home from train work

Might be the Iceland Luxury chicken and saag ready meal when I get home

Probably watch the second half of Spurs being Spurs

Evening all!

Itā€™s been a long day where nothing much has happened.

The Child has been running on tired dickhead mode all night and has only just been worn down into actually sleeping.

I might take myself off for an early bedtime.

Watching the film ā€˜Drive My Carā€™

Aha! Completely forgot I bought these

One of those and a few cheese and biscuits for tea