Evening!

Hello lovely people.

This evening I am on top of the world. I contacted the band whose song was my pal’s first dance at his wedding last week and now they’ve only bloody gone and done a flipping personalised recording of that song for me.

My friend’s going to be utterly ecstatic. It’s so good.

Just had a massive chippy tea. Now got a cuppa on the go; shortly I’ll crack on with Zelda and open a beer.

4 Likes

aww that’s lovely.

1 Like

can’t say i’ve listened to them much, but i love Patterson hood’s spoken word on this peter buck track

some of it’s a bit dumb rock but there’s some really great poignant mellow songs and I just love the whole “duality of the southern thing” thing

here’s one for @1986_and_all_that and all the people who correctly put this in their top 10 of all time

2 Likes

In order to avoid knocking drinks over, you should…

• Avoid putting drinks on the floor
  • Be careful when getting up from/going to sit down on the sofa where someone might have put their drink onthd floor

0 voters

In order to avoid knocking drinks over, you should…

• Explain your grievance to the person who is putting drinks on the floor where they can be easily knocked over in order to avoid this situation in the future
  • Make a passive-aggressive poll on www.drownedinsound.com

0 voters

sorry smee

• sorry smee :frowning:
  • sorry smee (I’m a jerk) :frowning:

0 voters

haha what a silly question bam :joy:

falafels for tea. woop. got a nice jug of beer in my hand. recent meme example:

1 Like

What’s falafel? Is it like a pancake?

No I do not want to google it.

it’s a little ball of middle-easten chickpea goodness to slather in hummus and tahini = yummo

2 Likes

ALRIGHT you absolute shower, I’ve fixed my computer. Well, sort of. It’s working, anyway.

I think it was the massive helping of chips that did it.

Looks like a big pancake to me, mate.

2 Likes

you’re a big pancake

1 Like

Your face is a pitta. A great pitta.

Ah that looks very delicious.

Did you forget to turn it on?

Not this time, but I spent about six hours on last New Years Eve (when I built it) “troubleshooting” the fact that I couldn’t get a signal to the monitor. Turns out this monitor doesn’t autodetect inputs and all I had to do was tell it use the mini DisplayPort input. I’m an idiot.

Still don’t know what’s wrong now, but it works with HDMI rather than the mini DisplayPort so fuck it, that’s good enough for me. Don’t even know which one is “better”, anyway.

Is it a gsync monitor? Can’t do gsync or above 60hz through HDMI as far as I’m aware.