Ever been in the Houses of Parliament?

Yeah. Did the public tour a couple of years ago. Impressive building, but clearly inadequate for the job of modern government. Would agree with the consensus of “musty”.

Give it over to the National Trust or someone and build a proper parliament somewhere else.

2 Likes

Think we went during a school trip to London in primary 7. Tam Dalyell might have met us. Or maybe that was years later at a Labour Party quiz night.

Yeah, basically word for word wot zeal sed.

1 Like

Hopefully in the not too distant future we won’t have to ever think about the HP’s ever again when we successfully achieve independence and free ourselves from our oppressors!

3 Likes

Been loads of times as have a couple of friends that work there. Cheap drinks :+1:

Been up the oxo clock tower, which was fun. Apparently Big Ben is the name of the bell :open_mouth:

Also been in Number 10. Woefully small inside…

Yeah, few times for work. Saw Tim Farron looking lost. Sat in on a debate for an SI, riveting stuff. Would raise “musty” to “stinks of damp”, and would add in “confusing layout”. Solidified my opinion that we should sack it off for a proper facility, not least because no other employer would get away with providing such facilities for their staff.

Also went to some conference thing for A-Level politics students - think that may actually have been at the QE2 Conference Centre but we definitely went in as well. William Hague was meant to be doing a Q&A as he was Tory leader at that point, but cancelled at the last minute. Some no-mark was there in his place and got absolutely roasted by some arrogant guy. Quite funny.

Had a meeting there a few years ago with Stephen Metcalfe, the Tory MP for Thurrock/Basildon.

He was, perhaps unsurprisingly, a complete dickhead.

1 Like

They had one of those A level politics conferences at the Methodist church in Manchester. Boring as fuck.

Nah, joint’s full of Tories, I’ll go once Parliament’s been moved to Barnsley and it’s become a Weatherspoons

Nah barely been to London really.

Occasionally had to sit behind a minister and feed him notes. Not exciting,although one time in one or other of the committees I could see that at least half the members were just playing Candy Crush on their tablets.

Good to see that £3000 pay rise getting its worth there

I was naively incensed. I’d been working like a bastard to prepare briefings and no-one gave a shit.

5 Likes