Ever been on a helicopter?

Yes, yes I did.

this was a great show back in the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cVxBjpEV8c

not really in terms of flight hours i don’t think. there was a spate of them in 2009 and 2010 but i think that was down to gearbox issues. a whole type of craft was embargoed from flying last year, which was worrisome, but there are literally hundreds of movements all the day, inter and intra-field operations too, so it isn’t as common as you might think.

i don’t know what air wolf is

2 Likes

AIRWOLF one word.

Got the theme tune in my head now.

did the Grand Canyon too. as someone who’s terrible with heights it really didn’t bother me, was really cool, going over the Vegas strip as well with all the lights was pretty amazing.

however we got off and had to do the Skywalk thing at the Canyon and I swear to god I thought I was going to have a heart attack, horrible horrible horrible thing.

1 Like

Stringfellow Hawke

They don’t make 'em like that anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, to go up a volcano in Hawaii.

did you come back down in it too?

Yes. There was an American nan with a funny name on it but I can’t remember what it was.

only once. flew to a mine site in Liberia. Was pretty cool flying low over the rain forest. Pretty small 'copter; 2 in the front, 2 in the back. Enjoyed the part when it started raining and the cloud was really low. The pilot turned on the windscreen wipers and felt like we were in a family car driving down the road

1 Like

In terms of aviation danger it goes microlight’s, parachuting/hang gliding, hot air balloon, helicopter, small plane, commercial plane.
It also seems a lot of famous people die in helicopters most probably an anti helicopter conspiracy.

Once, but the weird thing was, I was so convinced that I’d been on one before that I spent the rest of the day trying to remember when that possibly could have been.

Turns out I had never been on a helicopter before, but I’d seen them on TV so much through my life, I’d become convinced that I had.

2 Likes

It’s basically flying glass! No thanks!

Did the 12 apostles in Australia in a helicopter. It was amazing.
However, I didn’t realise that the headsets were voice activated so I was mortified to hear me singing ride of the Valkyries in the earphones on take off. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Grand Canyon. Hated every second.

i was 100% sure the answer was no, but now i’m starting to doubt it and wondering if i have but just forgot.

1 Like

Yeah, just a big fucking hole without any water slides or a Starbucks. Fucking shite.

But have you been in a helicopter?

Went on a round trip from Redhill to Central London and back via our house last year. I have a severe fear of heights, but was fine all the way except the couple of times the pilot made a steep banked turn. Flew over the Oval during the Ashes test match. Good fun. Expensive.