ever noticed how (polls/free chat)

The weird compound one of 6 mini roundabouts in a circle. Hell on earth. And yeah all the squaddies make it a horrible night out. We might have the worst stadium in the football league now too

Just arriving at leeds. AMA

Shithole mate wouldn’t bother

3 Likes

Got to. Live here

South exit for the win

4 Likes

Oooh that’s picturesque is that. And I’ve occasion to get off the train at Leeds and head south in a couple of weeks so I’ll stick this on the sightseeing list

Granary wharf and the canal are nice in the sun

I’ll be in the area and will drink with/fight you

1 Like

French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day

Had holidays in Betws-y-coed and used to go fishing in various Wales locations avec me dad

3 Likes

nice! will message you if it happens.

1 Like

It really annoys me how, living outside but not that far outside london, there’s nothing here because everything’s in london and you can just go to london right? Except getting into london takes an hour, and then getting from london to still just london also takes an hour, and you’re like, I could have been half way to manchester in the time it’s taken me to go 30 miles

5 Likes

going to London feels like you’ve got to make a tonne of separate very different feeling journeys and burn about 100 pounds in cash in front of your face at 30 minute intervals. getting to airports especially is an hour or multiple hour long nightmare.

its so weird visiting other capital cities that are considered huge and unwieldy by the locals (Madrid), but you go there as someone who’s lived in London for a bit and and its like PUH-LEEZ.

2 Likes

Getting from Brighton back to Tunbridge Wells at 10pm on Friday - a journey between two settlements of reasonable size located just 30 miles apart - took THREE AND A HALF HOURS.

It takes three and a half hours to get to Leeds from TW (if you make the Stevenage Thameslink connection anyway).

1 Like

Agreed. Addressed it here;

Should move some around

I’ve had just about enough of you running your mouth off about how well connected the north west of england is

4 Likes

The North west is like a game of pot luck, depending on which borough you live in you can go to a gig and then go out dancing and still get home at 4am if you live in say Bolton, but if you live in Wigan, the same distance away and both within Greater Manchester you can’t even go to a gig in manchester city centre without leaving 30 minutes before the end. But for some reason wigan has 2 train stations and gives the illusion of being well connected

The nw is not at all well connected imo. But i get what you’re saying.

2 Likes

And just a shoutout that to go to anywhere in manchester you have to go into the centre to go back out again. Oh you wanna get from whalley range to levenshulme, just down the road yeah? Ok, head in the opposite direction and pay a small fortune then come back in the near exact direction again. And let’s make this journey take 5 times what it should :call_me_hand:

1 Like

yeah it’s definitely quicker to walk from whalley range to lev than get the bus

last train to bolton these days is the wigan train, think they stopped the late train about eight years ago.

disaster.

on the plus side I haven’t been woken up by the cleaners at blackpool north with the corona of a hangover for ages

Oh no, glad we’re making progress :see_no_evil:

1 Like