Ever wondered why

Bounties come in two little halves whereas other similar-sized chocolate bars are all-in-one? Those Duos don’t count btw, they’re a separate entity.

1 Like

It’s because you can eat the first one, realise how gross Bountys are and throw the other one in the bin :laughing:

23 Likes

You always break my heart at the most brutal moment possible.

3 Likes

Had a d choc Bounty yesterday, might have one today as well

Hmmmm could it be something to do with how soft the innards are? Maybe if you made one big bounty it would be harder to do.

Feels like you’re getting an extra treat tho. Bit like a twix. First one for main, second for pudding.

3 Likes

I’ve got a m choc one today, from a mulitpack I purchased yesterday. But what has all this got to do with my question?

Yeah but the two halves of a Twix are long and thing, not just a normal-sized choco bar cut in half across the middle…

Fuck all, mate.

THEY WOULDN’T HOLD TOGETHER IF THEY WERE ONE LONG BAR. IT’S A STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING SOLUTION.

3 Likes

That’s OK, as I’ve always said, “sometimes the most relevant threads are full of irrelevance”

I quite like it, wouldn’t mind it with other chocolates. Double Decker Duos, for example, were a brilliant innovation.

Means I can do like my grandma used to and have half now, put half in jacket pocket for later. That woman could make a Caramac last for days, truly a marvel!

1 Like

Increases the surface area

1 Like

get more nice edge bits isn’t it

1 Like

Yep, I only mentioned a twix because you get two in a wrapper. I could have said a double decker, as it also sometimes has two chocolate bars in one.

1 Like

bounties are good imo, they deserve our respect

7 Likes
  • Milk choc bounty
  • dark choc bounty
  • no bounty at all

0 voters

Would like them to put the double bar to good use and do half milk and half dark

2 Likes

Oh now that’s a fucking great bit of thinking.

2 Likes

they’re nice. the bigger the better
celebrations ones are boring though for some reason

1 Like

Apparently they are a shameless copy of this original bar

For whatever reason it was split into two parts in the 1920s so Bounty copied that.

I wonder if the cost of chocolate production was much less than the coconut so they realised if they charged the same for the split version it was more profit.