Every now and again i think about getting a fish tank

probably tropical, get a few of those Neon things, maybe a Nemo or something really colourful. get a little tank with colourful stones in the bottom and a bubbly pump thing.

I never get very far into doing anything about it though, reckon it’d be too noisy and piss me off.

do you keep fish? Is that the right term?

2 Likes

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever!
And if you only hold me tight
We’ll be holding on forever!

5 Likes

3 Likes

you ever cleaned a fish tank? it’s a ball ache

3 Likes

saltwater tanks are a ballache. have fun!

oh yeah, sod that. I’m out !

2 Likes

surely a saltwater tank would keep itself clean better than freshwater, I remember I used to have some snails that eat the algae but they hand a bunch of babies and I just ended up with a tank full of snails and one lame goldfish that died

1 Like

Colden Common’s finest!

Used to have a tropical tank at home when I was growing up.

Was quite nice to watch the wee fish swimming about. Had some crabs that kept somehow escaping. That’s all I can remember really. Probably costs a load to run all the heating and filtration and that. Pain in the arse to clean.

Had a pond with some koi and that in the garden too.

1 Like

Marine/saltwater tanks and fish are more difficult and more of a faff to keep than tropical (freshwater).

Think the fish are more delicate and sensitive to pH and all that shit.

1 Like

fish are lovely

2 Likes

if you want tropical but not that difficult to keep then freshwater african cichlids might be a goer. my old man was really into fish - had about 20 tanks at one point, loads of these kind of things. would grow his own shrimp to feed them and stuff. we built an insulated room in the garage (basically a grow room, come to think of it) to try and keep the heating costs down, didn’t really do much. it was a fun bonding experience though

(he also bred stingrays in a jacuzzi. he’s a good man)

4 Likes

since andyvine posted about it on here I want one of the ones that gets all hyperactive when there’s a storm coming

1 Like

Definitely my favourite sentence that I’ve read today

6 Likes

lol JUST got this text from the mother. tasty, tasty fish

1 Like

ray harryhausen is a weather loach and i love him dearly

1 Like