⛰️ Everything Everything ⛰️

yeah I love it, she’s really nailed her sound now.

1 Like

I love a syncopated drum beat!

1 Like

Enjoying the new album but feel sidelined from the praise here - as a casual listener it just sounds like another EE record to me: very well crafted, great lyrics, songs that hold my attention without Ever quite becoming seminal.

Sonically, I don’t feel like anything after Man Alive has really had its own sound. You could quite easily swap songs between them all without anyone noticing, and I think that’s starting to dampen their effect somewhat.

Only real difference in this campaign: As a man with thinning hair, I feel a palpable sense of relief that Jonathan’s finally just shaved his head.

1 Like

I just put Get To Heaven on to check if it’s still their high watermark. It is.

But this is great. On track to be number 2 in the album charts this week behind Doves, apparently. Trying to think of the last time that I bought two albums that achieved that feat.

1 Like

I hadn’t heard ‘In Birdsong’ until the album came out and blimey - thats quite the song to have in your repertoire - so good!

6 Likes

No YOU’RE utterly obsessed with this album.

3 Likes

Mad that I was concerned I’dn’t like the album based on the singles. They aren’t a singles band anymore, imo.

1 Like

Correct!

1 Like

Have had a journey with the last three where most of the tracks feel like they’re different mixes now to my first few listens. Dunno what it is but it’s like the surface-level stuff is what I hear first and then when that’s familiar my brain opens up to all the detail beneath.

Timbo’s Twitter Listening Party for Re-Animator at 9pm tonight. Followed by Doves at 10pm

Grab a can 'n tell yer nan.

3 Likes

Well Avery has already successfully ruined Planets for me by shouting 'PLANETS!!!" at me constantly for the past 4 days.

4 Likes

Sounds like he’s improved it to me

Don’t act like you have joined in a exciting and fun call and response.

2 Likes

so, i am really enjoying the album, but sometimes it feels a little too much like Rdiohed for my tastes. i put back on A Fever Dream and it’s fucking manic and crazy, and this feels a little restrained maybe?

reminds me a bit of the pivot that Wild Beasts did on Smother, which is fine.

1 Like

I have been asking the silly toddler in my best falsetto to love me more than then planets

2 Likes

just noticed this that the cover for man alive
was copied by stereophonics

1 Like

pink piggies with their hands on their ears

1 Like

Looks more like it’s copying Ned Beuman’s flat hipster thriller, Glow, which itself was copying Man Alive.

1 Like

Maybe there’s just one glitch fox artist out there doing all these

3 Likes

Loving this, much prefer it to Fever Dream personally.

1 Like