Everything Everything

so, i am really enjoying the album, but sometimes it feels a little too much like Rdiohed for my tastes. i put back on A Fever Dream and it’s fucking manic and crazy, and this feels a little restrained maybe?

reminds me a bit of the pivot that Wild Beasts did on Smother, which is fine.

1 Like

I have been asking the silly toddler in my best falsetto to love me more than then planets

2 Likes

just noticed this that the cover for man alive
was copied by stereophonics

1 Like

pink piggies with their hands on their ears

1 Like

Looks more like it’s copying Ned Beuman’s flat hipster thriller, Glow, which itself was copying Man Alive.

1 Like

Maybe there’s just one glitch fox artist out there doing all these

3 Likes

Loving this, much prefer it to Fever Dream personally.

1 Like

Me too

Intimate socially distanced gig planned in Kingston for October 11th

Didn’t realise this from wiki

‘Ultimately the band took the name Everything Everything from the first two words of the Radiohead song “Everything In Its Right Place”, the opening track to their album Kid A.’

That makes much more sense now

Hmmm, not quite for me. I like a good few songs on here, but not on the same level as Night of the Long Knives, Good Shot Good Soldier, Ivory Tower…

As far as I’m concerned Get To Heaven is still their masterpiece, and honestly one of the best albums of the 2010s

1 Like

Finding the record quite disappointing to be honest. Comfortably their least interesting album.

I love the new album. Lyrically and musically. I think it’s my second favourite album after Get to Heaven.

1 Like

Love how Black Hyena feels like it emerges out of the shadows with its intro

1 Like

Wouldnt disagree that sonically it’s probably their least inventive and original album, and to begin with that worried me a lot. But compositionally and lyrically it’s phenomenal. Just about every song has chord progressions and/or hooks that are just incredible, some of which are more immediate, others more subtle, but all so brilliantly crafted.

And the lyrics, fuck me. Yer man’s just such a special wordsmith and imaginative storyteller. I dont think anyone else on the planet could write the bonkers, brilliant lines found in Big Climb, Planets, and Arch Enemy, let alone make them sound so compelling.

Was pretty much a closed case after A Fever Dream but think this absolutely locks them in as the best British guitar band since peak Radiohead and up there with just about any across the globe at the moment. Have never seen them live and the delayed tour is just another reason to curse this wretched plague (though obviously at the bottom of the list in importance compared to its other effects)

8 Likes

Wonderfully articulated. A bit like EE’s lyrics.

Nice words. They’re brilliant live, you’ll love them when you finally see them.

2 Likes

a crowd singalong to big climb will be quite special

2 Likes

He was born to sing lines like “skeleton boy with a skeleton girl souvenir”

3 Likes

Finally found time to whack on the vinyl rather than spotify :heart_eyes:

Definitely moved from feeling this is a good EE album and therefore a very good album to this being a great EE album and one of the first classics of the 2020s.

3 Likes